Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 02:59 PM

336 posts, read 591,889 times

Advertisements

Delta Touch. So convenient and good looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 05:11 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
I've actually never thought about this before, I guess a dual handled faucet would be best, and easiest to adjust temperatures with. Then again; I do hate these single control or whatever bath tub/shower control setups.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:22 AM

1,192 posts, read 2,482,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
I can say, unequivocally, I *HATE* pull down sprayer heads. I've been living with one for 6 months now and it's driving me insane (Moen brand) because it simply Won't stay in place. It has a small weight attached to the hose, under the sink, and short of a mechanical fastener (tape, glue), it won't stay in place and eventually the sprayer head hangs low and you have to crawl under the sink, readjust the weight, and reset the cycle for another few days.

Nightmare. I will NEVER buy or install one of these things myself. The rest of this particular faucet is less than ideal as well, it's a single handle (fine), but located at 3 o'clock, not 12. It operates in a foreign way, you move the lever from L to R to turn it on and Up to Down for hot to cold. Try to add a little cold if it's too hot, and you end up shutting it off. The only thing I do like is that it has a nice high arch to it, combined with a fairly deep sink bowl makes for cleaning the biggest pots I own a non-issue.

I'm sure Someone makes a good one (pull down sprayer), but it's not worth the risk of trying to find it amidst 100 other crappy ones. And once you do find it, you're probably going to be paying a premium ($300+) for what is, ultimately, just a tube and 2 water valves.

A sagging spray head would drive me buggy too! Delta makes a good one that has the weight on the hose and a magnetized head. I've had the Leland with the Diamond Seal Technology for nearly 15 yrs, and I've never experienced sagging, or dripping, or any other problem.

OP - I like the single lever for a kitchen with a pull down sprayer. With a single lever you can use the back of your hand to nudge it one way or the other and not have to touch it with messy fingers. You didn't ask, but I also like the built in soap dispensers...no dishwashing liquid on the counter/no having to open the cabinet below to get the dishwashing liquid.

When I replaced mine, I had four holes - one for hot, one for the faucet, one for the cold, and one for a spray head. I got the Leland with the separate hot/cold handle and used the other two holes for soap dispensers, one for dishwashing liquid and the other for hand soap.

Old 02-27-2015, 11:39 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
I have this one. It's not necessarily my favorite one in the whole world, but I liked it best out of what my builder offered. Love the pull down spray, it works great and it helps keep a very clean and open look. My kitchen is totally open to the living room and the sink is on the island, so it really needs to look open and uncluttered. And I definitely like the spot resistant stainless, it does what it's name says!

Align spot resist stainless one-handle high arc pulldown kitchen faucet - 7565ESRS

Old 02-27-2015, 11:53 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panu16 View Post
Delta Touch. So convenient and good looking.
Is it possible to get those temp adjusted to most common/frequented position like the thermostats that learn your schedule?

Old 02-28-2015, 11:11 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,958,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
I can say, unequivocally, I *HATE* pull down sprayer heads. I've been living with one for 6 months now and it's driving me insane (Moen brand) because it simply Won't stay in place. It has a small weight attached to the hose, under the sink, and short of a mechanical fastener (tape, glue), it won't stay in place and eventually the sprayer head hangs low and you have to crawl under the sink, readjust the weight, and reset the cycle for another few days.

Nightmare. I will NEVER buy or install one of these things myself. The rest of this particular faucet is less than ideal as well, it's a single handle (fine), but located at 3 o'clock, not 12. It operates in a foreign way, you move the lever from L to R to turn it on and Up to Down for hot to cold. Try to add a little cold if it's too hot, and you end up shutting it off. The only thing I do like is that it has a nice high arch to it, combined with a fairly deep sink bowl makes for cleaning the biggest pots I own a non-issue.

I'm sure Someone makes a good one (pull down sprayer), but it's not worth the risk of trying to find it amidst 100 other crappy ones. And once you do find it, you're probably going to be paying a premium ($300+) for what is, ultimately, just a tube and 2 water valves.
Sounds like you didn't install the weight in the correct spot or tighten it enough. I have bought and installed two pull down faucets, and I didn't have a problem with either retracting fully 99% of the time.

If you have a lot of pipes and other things under your sink for the weight to get caught on when the spray head is pulled out and released, then the weight won't be able to fall freely and retract the faucet.

I bought an American Standard Soltura faucet ($130), and that thing leaked the entire time I had it. I recently took it off, and the insides were made of plastic. I saw some cracks and chips on the internal plastic pieces that I believe were causing the leaking around the base.
I just bought an AquaSource faucet ($100) that looks exactly like the Soltura faucet, but the inside parts are metal. It hasn't leaked one drop of water. The moral of the story is, don't expect higher price to mean better.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:49 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,558,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post

I bought an American Standard Soltura faucet ($130), and that thing leaked the entire time I had it. I recently took it off, and the insides were made of plastic. I saw some cracks and chips on the internal plastic pieces that I believe were causing the leaking around the base.
I just bought an AquaSource faucet ($100) that looks exactly like the Soltura faucet, but the inside parts are metal. It hasn't leaked one drop of water. The moral of the story is, don't expect higher price to mean better.
Geneyus,

You bring up a good point about metal or plastic internal parts. Read the description very carefully before you buy. My plumber warned me that the big box stores may appear to have the identical model faucet as plumbing houses ( even identical part number) , but, the big box stores have plastic internal parts, while plumbing houses usually carry the faucet with metal internal parts.

Some on line suppliers carry faucets with metal interior parts - but, you must carefully read the specifications to find which ones are metal and which ones are plastic. Apparently, manufacturers make faucets with plastic internal parts specifically for the big box stores -so they can offer what appears to be an identical item at a much lower cost.

Mary2014
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating