Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,808,379 times

Advertisements

I would use Benjamin Moore cameo white or similar. It's more of a very pale warm beige. If buyers don't like it, it's easy to cover, and it's light enough to reflect light and make the room feel spacious. Good luck with your flip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 08:19 PM

10 posts, read 94,839 times
thank you everyone. i am so grateful for your responses. REALLY helpful. thank you. thank you.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,220 times
I like Behr's "Linen" color. The house we just bought has it in the great room and it's really cozy but neutral at the same time. For the bedroom I would go slightly deeper to Behr's "Cup of Cocoa."

Old 01-25-2008, 05:28 AM

40 posts, read 480,279 times
We recently purchased a 1940's home that we are remodelling.
In the living room & dining room, I painted the walls a soft yellow: Behr's Ripe Wheat. In the bedrooms I painted Behr's Wild Bamboo. The hallway was a lighter shade of Wild Bamboo - can't remember the name. I painted the kitchen Behr's Rejuvenate. We painted the outside Behr's Sage.

These colors are probably too personal to use on a house intended for flipping.

HGTV has a fantastic site called Rate My Space where people send in photos of their rooms / exteriors / gardens / patios / porches, etc. I posted my photos there too - under my name cate0508. Rate My Space is a great place to get decorating ideas.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:24 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,742,666 times
We put siding on our house that is Sage(all Harvey products)it is gorgeous..seems to change color with the daylight. We added midnight green shutters, beige trim, white and forest green around the windows and white gutter. We get more compliments on our house.
Good luck with yours.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:51 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
I like white trim with a barely there rose tint to white paint for the walls. It is light enough to reflect light so the room seems large and the slight rose makes it warm and almost glow. Plus the reflected rose color makes everyone look better.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:42 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Decorator magazines repeatedly recite "Don't be afraid of color" I agree. Our realtors told us the same thing when we sold our house. They said choose something that you like as long as it is not a really overwhelming color. We did and most of the potential buyers loved it.

A house that is all white or off whites looks washed out and boring to me. While you might hit one or two people who dislike your color choices, you will find others who get excited about the house BECAUSE it has some color. I love light blues in a bedroom (sky blue in particular). I also like burgundy a great deal, but there you are taking a bigger risk on offending someone's taste.
\

Old 01-25-2008, 02:51 PM

40 posts, read 480,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Decorator magazines repeatedly recite "Don't be afraid of color" I agree. Our realtors told us the same thing when we sold our house. They said choose something that you like as long as it is not a really overwhelming color. We did and most of the potential buyers loved it.

A house that is all white or off whites looks washed out and boring to me. While you might hit one or two people who dislike your color choices, you will find others who get excited about the house BECAUSE it has some color. I love light blues in a bedroom (sky blue in particular). I also like burgundy a great deal, but there you are taking a bigger risk on offending someone's taste.
\
I agree. We purchased a house in July 07 that had been on the market for a long time. I believe the reason the house was on the market so long was because of the colors of the house - potential buyers couldn't see the potential! All of the walls were stark white and the outside a dull gray - it was an ugly house - but I saw it's potential and I'm so happy we purchased it! I love older homes!!!

CaTe

Old 01-26-2008, 08:24 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
We have always had blue bedrooms. A couple of years ago I redecorated and used totally white walls with the idea that in retirement when we won't be as energetic to repaint, I can change the color of my bedroom with a bedspread and drapes. The carpet is green whisper which looks like ocean sand. The only time you can see green is when the sun is shinning brightly into the window, which is not often. Right now, I have drapes just exactly the color as the carpet and a bedspread that is beige and white. This room is so peaceful. Picture is Noah's Ark with the water the color of the carpet.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 AM

629 posts, read 3,598,725 times

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating