Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 08:31 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,015 times

Advertisements

If I loved the color and loved it in every room, I would. I have almost the same color in my great room, hallways, and bedroom. My house is open, so I essentially had to have the same color in the great room and hallways/entryway. I could have done a different color in the bedroom, and actually did do them at different times with different brands of paint but it ended up that the color is almost exactly the same as that in my hallways/great room. I'm happy with it. And we just sold our house and were constantly told that the decor was nice, so it must have at least been acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2016, 09:30 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,508,680 times
Right before I closed on my house the seller (a flipper) decided to display his great design "taste" and painted the entire house, including bathrooms and kitchen Tic-Tac mint green. Maybe he got the paint free. It's been 3 years and I'm still painting....I like the entire house to be art gallery white except the bathrooms and kitchen. It's a 70's house so I'm doing the kitchen avocado and the 1 of the bathrooms orange, 1 dark brown, and one navy blue.

Old 02-06-2016, 11:57 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I am in love with SW sea salt. I tend to decorate with lots of white and sand shades with pops of light green/blue. I had painted my bedroom in SW sea salt. Then my kitchen. Now I'm so in love with it, I'm thinking about using the shade in my great room.

Originally, I had planned to use sea salt, comfort gray, and another related color. But whenever I do samples on my wall, I keep coming back to seasalt.

Has anyone else just picked one shade? If it helps, the reason why I love this shade so much is because it looks different colors in different lights: in my bedroom, it looks very blue, in the kitchen, it almost looks like a green/gray.

Also, I am planning to sell within a year and a half so re-sale is important to me.
This time around I painted the same color throughout, I love it! Just flow better, feels complete instead of broken up...

Old 02-06-2016, 11:58 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Yes. Our is. A modern duplex. We treat the walls as an art gallery.
Kwal Accu-Pro, Interior Flat Latex, white base 0910, CL 3211W “wash basin”

Lovely...I agree!

Old 02-06-2016, 02:05 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Yes. Our is. A modern duplex. We treat the walls as an art gallery.
Kwal Accu-Pro, Interior Flat Latex, white base 0910, CL 3211W “wash basin”
That is effing awesome. A life goal of mine, to have somethi g like this, to live in.

Old 02-06-2016, 02:11 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,820,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
My house is a semi-open floorplan, so we have just one color on the walls with the exception of the kids' rooms. Neighbors with similar homes have sometimes chosen to paint accent walls, but I think it's a dated look in these houses, although I've seen it used to great effect elsewhere.

BTW, I love the OP's color choice.
That seems to make since. I was gonna say it'd be fine for a semi-open setup, like if it were two, or three open rooms, but I'd paint closed off rooms different, maybe even the hallways too, so the single color doesn't seem obsessive. I guess since most places come with one color everywhere, it seems like a regular thing, anyway.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:08 AM

123 posts, read 84,317 times
I picked two: basket beige and softer tan. I like the feeling of continuity throughout the house. The house, where it is not wood flooring, has the same carpet throughout. My draperies in the open floor plan are the same as are the draperies in the master suite that is off the LR.

This sounds like a lot of sameness, but with art and accessories and plants, makes a smooth transition into different moods for different rooms. The other bedrooms have different window treatments.

Last edited by Achelois; 02-10-2016 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: Typos

Old 02-10-2016, 10:12 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,934,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achelois View Post
I picked two: basket beige and softer tan. I like the feeling of continuity throughout the house. The house, where it is not wood flooring, has the same carpet throughout. My draperies in the open floor plan are the same as are the draperies in the master suite that is off the LR.

This sounds like a lot of sameness, but with art and accessories and plants, makes a smooth transition into different moods for different rooms. The other bedrooms have different window treatments.
I have found that I'm starting to really like continuity in my house, too. I have the same color carpet, the same flooring (where there isn't carpet), and blinds throughout. It makes things so much easier.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:32 PM

10,352 posts, read 7,982,834 times
My new condo has been painted a soft dove grey throughout, with white baseboards and door frames, and dark chocolate hardwood floors everywhere except the kitchen and baths (which are tile). I'm using area rugs, artwork, and furnishings to add a different "feel" to each room. It's coming together nicely, and I think it's going to be really striking when it's all done.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:56 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,798,899 times
My house has biege walls in every single room and hallway. I hate it and am in the process of painting rooms to my liking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating