Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:56 PM

13 posts, read 10,345 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are in the process of downsizing to a smaller house and have decided to treat ourselves to a new mattress. Our current one has been giving me back pain so I can't wait of get rid of it. We're keen to go for memory foam as my Doc says that's the best for backs. So my question is does anyone have recommendations. The two I've been looking at are https://www.evemattress.com and https://lull..com/

Does anyone have experience with either of these? Would love to hear about it if so. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 05:30 PM

7,899 posts, read 7,111,289 times
My wife and I love our foam mattresses and would never go back to a mattress built with springs. Our king sized is still perfect after 10 years of use. We got it from Costco. We have one in the RV that I like even better. It is a Serta and is only 8" thick. Neither of these are true memory foam. They have a dense lower foam layer and then a thin soft upper layer. I am not sure if the upper layer is a true memory foam. I really dislike the Tempurpedic memory foam mattresses that you sink into. You body sinks into a hole that seems to become hot and sweaty. In addition I like to turn occasionally at night. That is hard to do if you are down in a hole.

I have no experience with the mattresses you mentioned.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:42 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,786 times
Check out Tuft and Needle. I got a King from them a few months back and I am very satisfied. Their foam is a little bouncier and cooler than traditional memory foam.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:43 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Have a temperpedic- not sure of spelling. We love it! As post #2 indicates asking this sort of advice is fairly useless. One person's sleeping bliss is another's slab of concrete.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:00 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Do a search in the Shopping forum - lots of mattress posts there....

Old 03-24-2016, 06:44 PM

138 posts, read 154,124 times
Love, love, love my Casper mattress! Combination of latex and memory foam, medium firm, and cooler to sleep on. Order online, mattress is shipped to you, and you have a 100-day trial period with money back guarantee. Doesn't need to be turned, either, like traditional spring mattresses. Conveniently shipped by compressing mattress in a box small enough to fit through doorways and other tight spaces. Open the box, and out it pops! Ingeniously designed and provides a great night's sleep, although, as mentioned, mattress preference varies. The 100-day trial period gives you some peace of mind, though, in case it doesn't work out for you.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:27 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,832,045 times
I bought a king-size memory foam/gel mattress a while back from Overstock.com for our guest room, at about $600. It's turned-out to be very comfortable and durable ... and, if it ever gets lumps, like our $4K memory foam mattress, we can flip it over.

I would consider replacing our existing mattress with another of these, if/when it comes time to replace it. (Otherwise, we've looked at the Tempurpedic, but, at $5-$6K, I wonder if they are really worth the money).

Old 03-24-2016, 07:38 PM

1,099 posts, read 901,286 times
The Heirloom Platinum. It only cost us $3K and is one of the best investments we ever made.

http://www.sleepworld.com/mattress/a...tion/Platinum/

Since the 1940 Aireloom has been hand making mattresses for the most exclusive clientele from presidents to movie stars. Ronald Reagan saw that every room in the White House was prepared with an Aireloom mattress.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:04 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
How do you get rid of the old one?

Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
I think ours is a Sealy medium firm and we like it. I can't stand Tempurpedic though--they squish down too much and don't give enough support for your back. We could hardly turn over on it either. They are also hot and sticky in summer. I have a memory foam mattress topper in our camper and as long as I put some blankets on it, it's not too squishy. We tried it on our bed and didn't like it so we cut it down to camper size.

It all depends--you have to try a mattress out yourself. Don't be afraid to lie down on it in the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating