Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2016, 12:39 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,668,763 times

Advertisements

I need to get 3 flameless candles for some outdoor lanterns I'm hanging from our pergola. I only bought flameless candles once, several years ago, for a bathroom, and they only lit for 3 or 4 days.

I'm hoping someone makes long lasting ones, or solar ones. Or maybe I should get remote control ones, because these won't be easy to reach. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 05:52 PM

Wow, I really thought that flameless candles were quite popular, and that I'd get lots of comments.

No one has any thoughts?

Old 04-28-2016, 07:32 PM

61,629 posts, read 86,981,866 times
Flameless candles can last up to 1000 hours. There are many factors that can determine how long they will last. Exploring them will also help you to buy the right types. Is that "long-lasting" enough for you?
Buy flameless candles that operate on batteries using LED technology. LED tends to allow the candles to have a much longer life span.
Before you buy any of the brands out there you need to explore that information. It should be featured on their website with their product information. If they don’t supply such information, check with their customer support team.
You can also go online and read reviews from other consumers. They can tell you how long flameless candles have been lasting them. They can also give you great ideas about how to get more use out of them.

E.g. This Flameless Candle has approximately 900 hours of Glow Time.
http://www.earthtechproducts.com/man...ss-candle.html

Old 04-29-2016, 02:45 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I need to get 3 flameless candles for some outdoor lanterns I'm hanging from our pergola. I only bought flameless candles once, several years ago, for a bathroom, and they only lit for 3 or 4 days.

I'm hoping someone makes long lasting ones, or solar ones. Or maybe I should get remote control ones, because these won't be easy to reach. Any recommendations?
Get Luminara brand. Do not waste your money on any other kind. Mine run for 5 hours every night, and the batteries last about 3 months. They run on a timer, or I believe they also have a remote available. They look totally real, and I've had mine going for years without any trouble.
http://luminara.com/collection/outdoor/

Old 05-06-2016, 06:51 PM

6 posts, read 6,370 times
What about using christmas lights inside the lanterns?

Old 05-06-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW Enterprise View Post
What about using christmas lights inside the lanterns?
Do you mean a string of lights that would need to be plugged in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating