Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:17 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times

Advertisements

I broke down and replaced my terribly uncomfortable leather sectional with one of those big overstuffed ones. This one: Dylan | Flexsteel.com and I got the two ottomans to go with it. It's really, really comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 06:59 PM

52 posts, read 39,837 times
I hate leather sofas, cold, uncomfortable, slippery, uninspiring

I cannot lie on a leather couch and watch tv comdortabky for instance
Its like sleepng on a horse

They are practical though vis a vis stains compared to fabric

Bit like carpets and hard flooring

For kids or adult accidents consider removable covers which you can throw in the wash
Or plastic backed throws

Old 09-20-2016, 09:10 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchfries22 View Post
I hate leather sofas, cold, uncomfortable, slippery, uninspiring

I cannot lie on a leather couch and watch tv comdortabky for instance
Its like sleepng on a horse

They are practical though vis a vis stains compared to fabric

Bit like carpets and hard flooring

For kids or adult accidents consider removable covers which you can throw in the wash
Or plastic backed throws
Real leather acclimates to your body temperature within 30 seconds.

I fall asleep on our leather sofa watching TV nearly every night - it's fabulous. But it is thick, top grain, luxurious leather on a very good hardwood frame with excellent cushioning. I'm pretty sure it will outlive me.

Ten years old, not a stain, not a scratch - it looks as good as the day it was delivered.
Attached Thumbnails
Why do most leather sofas look like overstuffed, bachelor pad staples?-living-room-kitchen-sept-2016.jpg  

Old 09-21-2016, 11:59 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,092,208 times
THat couch looks pretty inviting, Kathryn...

I have a dual recliner couch that is leather and man, that thing will put you to sleep easily, especially if you are in front of the TV. Got a pair of leather recliners in our RV, too, and watching the TV or fireplace in there is so comfy...

Old 09-21-2016, 12:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
THat couch looks pretty inviting, Kathryn...

I have a dual recliner couch that is leather and man, that thing will put you to sleep easily, especially if you are in front of the TV. Got a pair of leather recliners in our RV, too, and watching the TV or fireplace in there is so comfy...

Nice RV!

There's something about a leather sofa or recliner and a TV that's like a sedative to me. My husband knows that once I lay down, he's got about 5 more minutes before I'm out - and absolutely no good at conversation.

I'm so sold on leather that I won't buy a vehicle without a leather interior. We do have upholstered chairs in the living room, but that's only because I knew a room full of leather would look weird.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Real leather acclimates to your body temperature within 30 seconds.

I fall asleep on our leather sofa watching TV nearly every night - it's fabulous. But it is thick, top grain, luxurious leather on a very good hardwood frame with excellent cushioning. I'm pretty sure it will outlive me.

Ten years old, not a stain, not a scratch - it looks as good as the day it was delivered.

You and me both!! My leather sofa is almost more comfy to sleep on than my bed lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating