Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:58 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times

Advertisements

All I can say is that I woke up at 4 am this morning thinking, "OMG, I hope the bathroom is done in time because my brother and his wife are coming in February and we'll all be using the same upstairs bathroom if it's not done by then!!!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 08:19 AM

OK, so today we start moving things out of our master bath and closets and upstairs. Demolition starts first thing Monday morning!

Old 01-19-2017, 08:32 AM

Here's the final finish stuff we have decided on:
Attached Thumbnails
Master bath redo - patience - this may take awhile!-16178396_10155706605614377_7162092240238876716_o.jpg  

Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I love the faucets!!

the pattern seems a bit busy, but I think I like it, and because it is gray and white, I think its going to look really nice. But you stated it was going to be one wall (?)

the gray is nice, because you can put any color towels and decorative things around and most everything matches gray

the patterns almost look ( similar) like the patterns in your patio, which I love.
Funny how our eyes always go toward similar designs in what we like.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I love the faucets!!

the pattern seems a bit busy, but I think I like it, and because it is gray and white, I think its going to look really nice. But you stated it was going to be one wall (?)

the gray is nice, because you can put any color towels and decorative things around and most everything matches gray

the patterns almost look ( similar) like the patterns in your patio, which I love.
Funny how our eyes always go toward similar designs in what we like.
Thank you!

The patterned tile is going on the floor and up one wall in the shower (wall facing into the room), and it is the backsplash/trim around the new tub and behind the sinks (one 6 inch tile).

The pattern is busy but the colors are very muted. I've seen pictures of it on a bathroom floor and it was to DIE for.

I also like that it is gray but also a very creamy beige (the background is definitely a warm beige in person).

I love those faucets too!!!!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:47 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,895,809 times
Beautiful finishes- love the tile! You've got great taste, think things out and come up with a game plan- your kitchen and other rooms reflect that.

It'll be a PITA as it is being done, with a few unexpected surprises as always happens during a remodel but I'm sure it will come out beautiful.

I strongly say go for a bench in the shower if you've got room, ladies love that to shave their legs, also just as a safety factor as we get older and shower- I always try to incorporate them in my designs. If not quite the room you can get one of those portable teak ones. Speaking of safety- install extra blocking ready to take a (tasteful- check them out) grab bar where appropriate- if not now, then in the future. Universal design is for all of us.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Beautiful finishes- love the tile! You've got great taste, think things out and come up with a game plan- your kitchen and other rooms reflect that.

It'll be a PITA as it is being done, with a few unexpected surprises as always happens during a remodel but I'm sure it will come out beautiful.

I strongly say go for a bench in the shower if you've got room, ladies love that to shave their legs, also just as a safety factor as we get older and shower- I always try to incorporate them in my designs. If not quite the room you can get one of those portable teak ones. Speaking of safety- install extra blocking ready to take a (tasteful- check them out) grab bar where appropriate- if not now, then in the future. Universal design is for all of us.
I really like your ideas about the grab bars. I think we're going with a small teak bench in the shower - options, options!!!!

Thank you for the boost of confidence. I'm really excited!

Old 01-24-2017, 12:22 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I love the faucets!!
I concur. I really love those faucets. Where did you pick those up from?

Old 01-24-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I concur. I really love those faucets. Where did you pick those up from?
Thank you!

They are Delta faucets and we found them at Coburns.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:40 PM

492 posts, read 638,170 times
How's the bathroom going? We started our master bath gut job on Jan2nd. It is now the end of January and we have at least a week to go. It will look great in the end, but for the life of me I can't understand why it takes 5 weeks to rebuild a 93 sq ft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating