Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:51 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,572,966 times

Advertisements

Apparently it's an ongoing problem and irritation to many people - I mean, just reading the reviews and articles on towels online makes that very clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 10:56 AM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Nope, that's not an acceptable answer to me, or to others who don't take their wedding bands or diamond studs off and on. Especially since this problem wasn't a problem five or six years ago when I was still wearing my wedding band and diamond studs. And using towels. That didn't snag.

I'm waiting for my Land's End samples and will update the thread when I test them out - or find something else.

Meanwhile if anyone else has any "leads" on towels that don't snag, let me know please!
Well, I guess you didn't bother to check on my leads...

Old 01-17-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, I guess you didn't bother to check on my leads...

I don't know why you'd assume I didn't. Actually I did go to the links you provided. I do not have any of these stores within an easy drive and they don't offer free samples so I'm unable to check them out in person at the time (or since the day or two ago that you posted the links). As soon as I am able to do so I'll be sure to update the thread, if I haven't already found something I decide to buy.

Meanwhile, I am waiting on my samples from Land's End, which was a lead that someone else on the thread provided. And I already visited Macy's - a lead that someone else also provided on this thread - and wasn't pleased with what I found. So yeah - I'm pretty busy checking leads. That being said, I'm not going to actually spend money ordering towels that I can't feel and look at in person.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:12 PM

13,042 posts, read 18,008,630 times
I have a towel that I actually "legally" borrowed from a cruise ship. I broke a tow and they gave me one of those chemical ice things for the transfer to the airport. That was in 1985. That towel is still almost pristine. I admit that I don't use it routinely and it has become the laundry room towel but it is washed at least twice a month and not a snag on it.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:49 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,682,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynaragon View Post
this seems like a more recent problem - it seems like i never had to deal with towels that snagged till about ten years ago and now it doesn't seem to matter what i spend or where i buy them - towels seem to just snag and pull.

Has anyone found any good, plush bathroom towels that don't snag and pull?
Ikea

Some of their towels are barely fabric but their good towels are gooodddd. I have the white ones and their are wearing nicely and are super absorbent.

Old 01-17-2017, 05:56 PM

3,167 posts, read 3,990,477 times
Quote:
This seems like a more recent problem - it seems like I never had to deal with towels that snagged till about ten years ago and now it doesn't seem to matter WHAT I spend or where I buy them - towels seem to just snag and pull.

Has anyone found any good, plush bathroom towels that don't snag and pull?
I have Amazon Pinzon towels. No snagging, good towels. Had them for quite a few years now.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:46 PM

I am taking note of all these names and will be googling the reviews. If my Lands End samples aren't great, I'll continue my quest!!!!!!!

Old 02-16-2017, 01:09 AM

85 posts, read 75,381 times
Yves Delorme towels/bath sheets are fantastic for when you like plush and have held up really well at the luxe level. In a total contrast from a price perspective- not really plush but still feel good and are perfectly absorbing are the bath sheets from IKEA and for inexpensive towels they hold up really well.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:56 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,332,386 times
Quote:
Thanks, I've checked them.

It's the way the towels are made.

Note - this doesn't happen with hotel towels, so there's something about the way many towels are made, apparently.
Maybe hotel towels are the way to go.

Here is an article that might help.
5 Best Towel Sets - Feb. 2017 - BestReviews

I'm still using my Sam's Club towels from 10 years ago.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 AM

85 posts, read 75,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Maybe hotel towels are the way to go.

Here is an article that might help.
5 Best Towel Sets - Feb. 2017 - BestReviews

I'm still using my Sam's Club towels from 10 years ago.
Typically hotels replace their towels very often even lux hotels that use really high quality towels will discard and replace towels after about 2 months- as stated from a good friend of mine who is a wholesaler to the hospitality industry and is insanely successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating