Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 04:48 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,406,578 times

Advertisements

I don't usually choose orange, but the Tiger Lily rug is so pretty and fun.

Even I would consider it for the right space.

http://www.grandinroad.com/tiger-lil...tanical/450522
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 09:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I don't usually choose orange, but the Tiger Lily rug is so pretty and fun.

Even I would consider it for the right space.

Tiger Lily Area Rug - Grandin Road
I LOVE me some orange and am so glad to see those rich colors - orange, cobalt blue, rich green - coming to the forefront again after years of frosty grays and neutrals and minimalist decors taking center stage.

Look what I just found in a resale shop - and of course immediately bought - It is too much to expect me to resist the combination of orange, teal, and a pair of vintage pheasants. A girl only has so much resolve.
Attached Thumbnails
I'm sensing a trend..how's about you?-vintage-pheasants.jpg  

Old 02-22-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

I LOVE me some orange and am so glad to see those rich colors - orange, cobalt blue, rich green - coming to the forefront again after years of frosty grays and neutrals and minimalist decors taking center stage.

Look what I just found in a resale shop - and of course immediately bought - It is too much to expect me to resist the combination of orange, teal, and a pair of vintage pheasants. A girl only has so much resolve.
Nice!

It isn't that I don't like orange, it's that I gravitate to cooler colors, like turquoise, greens, rose-pinks with some yellow and violet. I even prefer pink-red to true-red. Plus, I can't wear orange. I'd make an exception for that rug though.

The only good thing about liking colors that are in style, is that it's easier to find pillows and other things.

I really love green as a base to all the other colors. I'm in love with this historic rug pattern. (minus the arts and crafts furniture here and the furniture below).

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 02-22-2017 at 11:46 AM..

Old 02-22-2017, 11:24 AM

OOOOOhhhh, I love that rug.

I gravitate toward vibrant colors but I want softer colors in my master bath and bedroom. All bedrooms in fact. I don't go for bright or saturated colors or lots of patterns in bedrooms, though when I see it in other peoples' homes I often like it. But it's like that's my quiet spot and I want things quiet in there by golly.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:

OOOOOhhhh, I love that rug.

I gravitate toward vibrant colors but I want softer colors in my master bath and bedroom. All bedrooms in fact. I don't go for bright or saturated colors or lots of patterns in bedrooms, though when I see it in other peoples' homes I often like it. But it's like that's my quiet spot and I want things quiet in there by golly.
The least that rug could do is inspire LOVE. It's pricey! Based on a historic design.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
The least that rug could do is inspire LOVE. It's pricey! Based on a historic design.
Some things are just worth what you have to pay for them and that's all there is to it. So pay up, forget about it, and enjoy your treasure.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Some things are just worth what you have to pay for them and that's all there is to it. So pay up, forget about it, and enjoy your treasure.
Until my cat throws up on it.

Then again, it's wool and wool is self-cleaning. There's an interior designer with a blog who said she once got some contact cement on a wool rug and was in despair of getting it out. She just accepted that it would never be the same, and forgot about it and vacuumed as usual. Months later, she realized it was gone!

She said to never have a wool rug cleaned. Just let it sit outside some and always vacuum a lot.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Until my cat throws up on it.

Then again, it's wool and wool is self-cleaning. There's an interior designer with a blog who said she once got some contact cement on a wool rug and was in despair of getting it out. She just accepted that it would never be the same, and forgot about it and vacuumed as usual. Months later, she realized it was gone!

She said to never have a wool rug cleaned. Just let it sit outside some and always vacuum a lot.
Right on. I love wool rugs just for that!

Old 02-23-2017, 06:24 AM

2,202 posts, read 4,326,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I mean like this...I can see the rug being the focal point of a bedroom.

Grandin Road - Indoor Botanical Rug - Botanical Area Rug - Floral Area Rug
Oh, those! Yeah, no, those are a rehash of 1960's "Mod"[ern]. I'm sure that's what's inside the Scooby-Doo van. If they become of trend it will be a short-lived, easily dated fad. I suppose, if one has a sad, difficult life then such patterns will help cheer one up.

Old 02-23-2017, 06:35 AM

I bought this rug at least six years ago and I still love it:
Attached Thumbnails
I'm sensing a trend..how's about you?-gold-bedroom.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating