Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 09:44 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,556,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
I would go with white walls. Maybe add some ruby red towels to back up your pink towels and warm up the space.Find a multi-color accent picture or wall hanging with pink, ruby, some emerald green in it. That should brighten and warm your space and give you the light and flexibility of the white walls.

I also think light blush pink walls would be pretty with your pink towels backed by blue ones in the same tonal range. Then your multi-color pic(s) or wall hanging would just need to have pink, blue and some other brighter color (yellow, green) to give your bath a bright focal point and a little lift. The blush pink color usually makes your skin look good!
That first suggestion sounds luscious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 10:21 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,556,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleF View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. My bedroom walls are a warm off white, not yellow, The walls were yellow before, not now. I am thinking of painting the bathroom the same color; at least they won't be green any more. And I have lots of that paint left. I also have a sample of a light pink. I wanted Behr "shea". But they don't make it in a sample size, so it is an approximate of shea. I might try a portion of the wall to see, or buy a small can of the real shea and see. Or the other pink someone suggested above.

I'm really not overthinking it. I just asked what y'all thought about it because I am new to this painting and decorating thing. It's over twenty-five years since I have been in a position to do it. And 25 years ago when I had a home, I also had a husband. Now I am deciding for myself.

The most useful bit of information I have gotten is that the tile has a pinkish tone; I had not noticed that, nor did the previous owner as it happens. She just liked them and put them down. This was a weekend home for her and she didn't live with the bathroom the way I am doing now. She did know though that the walls didn't go at all after the tile went down, but again wasn't motivated to redo them.

The other useful idea is to buy multiple shower curtains, but I seldom see any shower curtains i like. I spent hours looking for one for my apartment before I found the one I have now. I know that it doesn't go with the current bathroom colors, though, and I would like it all to match. So we'll see what happens when I paint the walls Palais White, like the bedroom.

I'll come back and post photos when it is all done.
Congrats on getting to decorate your own home by yourself! Can reflect you and no one else.
Actually I rather like your existing shower curtain too - hopefully you can put a liner in and then the shower curtain outside the tub and it will be long enough (again hopefully) to cover the tub color. Then, with your whitish walls and some awesome ruby red towels to layer over your pink ones, it will be a wonderful bathroom! Yes, photos please!

Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,698,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Congrats on getting to decorate your own home by yourself! Can reflect you and no one else.
Actually I rather like your existing shower curtain too - hopefully you can put a liner in and then the shower curtain outside the tub and it will be long enough (again hopefully) to cover the tub color. Then, with your whitish walls and some awesome ruby red towels to layer over your pink ones, it will be a wonderful bathroom! Yes, photos please!
She's done with the bathroom. Finished pic is in post #44.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:53 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,404,404 times
Huge improvement!

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 08-06-2017, 04:01 PM

356 posts, read 370,554 times
Definitely aqua.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating