Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:31 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
+1.

The images the OP posted are just ugly to me. I could see them in a retro cottage or lake house, but not in my every day kitchen. Plus, I'd imagine they aren't cheap.

Agreed. They are very specific to one's taste so good luck selling with a goofy colored appliance. I currently have stainless. I love the look as I think it goes with everything; however, I hate cleaning it. I used to have all black appliances in our old house and my realtor said people only want stainless. Well, we sold in less than a week so it obviously wasn't too big of a problem. It's all in one's taste, but I do think stainless is still a plus in most peoples eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 08:16 PM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Agreed. They are very specific to one's taste so good luck selling with a goofy colored appliance. I currently have stainless. I love the look as I think it goes with everything; however, I hate cleaning it. I used to have all black appliances in our old house and my realtor said people only want stainless. Well, we sold in less than a week so it obviously wasn't too big of a problem. It's all in one's taste, but I do think stainless is still a plus in most peoples eyes.
When (if ever) I sell I plan on taking my "goofy colored" restored vintage white and red 1953 gas stove with me. I will replace it with a generic blah stove just like the one that was here when I bought the house.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:38 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,156 times
My lovely retro electric tea kettle just decided to give up the ghost so hubby treated me to this one, It ties in well with my other appliances with the mixture of cream and grey metallic glaze.
Attached Thumbnails
Colorful Alternative to Stainless Appliances-bellakettle.jpg  

Old 06-09-2017, 07:44 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
Do you have a financial interest in this company, Shooting Stars?

Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 AM

1,078 posts, read 937,114 times
I love the colored appliances but they're brutally expensive.

Restaurant supply fridges and stoves are as big and function beautifully but at a fraction if the price. And the industrial stainless steel look really never goes out of style. It isn't my favorite - I much prefer the enameled appliances, but I'm not made of money

Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post

Do you have a financial interest in this company, Shooting Stars?
What a silly question. The answer is "no".

Old 06-23-2017, 10:12 AM

4,605 posts, read 3,295,372 times
I didn't think it was a silly question. Posting all those pictures, etc., made me wonder if you were promoting this company because of other reasons than just interest.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:04 PM

3,248 posts, read 2,454,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Sigh. I wish people were more adventurous.

Stainless is fine but man is it ever dull. I guess some people like dull.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:16 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post

I didn't think it was a silly question. Posting all those pictures, etc., made me wonder if you were promoting this company because of other reasons than just interest.
I think that would be a very disingenuous thing to do, unless one announced up front that they had a financial interest.

Since this is a Home Interior Design forum, I like to post things that inspire me. Nothing more.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:43 PM

68 posts, read 71,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I know some people are tired of stainless. Elmira Stove Works makes vintage-style appliances with modern technology. Their "Northstar" line has fun colors.

Antique appliances, retro refrigerator, reproduction stove and vintage stoves | Elmira Stove Works
Wow, if I ever won the lottery I'd be all over their models that look early-1900s inspired. Finally something that wouldn't look stupid in the kitchen of a Victorian house. They even have a Victorian-esque microwave. Totally awesome.

But I love unique, weird things period. I was very sorry to have to pass on one house because it had a bedroom done in neon green trim with vivid pink walls, which is my favorite color combination and I just adored how unapologetically bright it was. So I'm not exactly normal with my ideas of style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating