Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:57 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,279,150 times

Advertisements

When I was kid, it seems like everyone in the neighborhood had a flag that was put out during holidays. When I moved away, I didn't have flag to put out-mostly because I lived in apartments or just never thought about it.

After 9/11, I wanted to put out a flag but we didn't have one and the only one I could find was a small one (there was a run on flags in those days), so I just tacked that little flag on the front window and it stayed there until we moved.

The new house had a flag holder in front. I wanted to put it to use so I went on the hunt for a flag. I found one that was made in the U.S. (I just hate the thought of having a U.S. flag that was made in China. ) Then it was trying to find a pole that would go into our holder (it is an older holder so it is bigger than holders you can get today). Hubby "made" me one by using a banister railing that he bought from a home improvement center. Hey, it works. So now I have my flag that I put out during holidays-just like when I was a kid.

Do you display any kind of flag-whether it be the National flag, a seasonal flag or any other kind of flag?

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 03:36 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
Not yet. I would love to display the US Flag.

Time to add to my list of wants....

My Mother-in-law does display small seasonal flags in her yard. She's so cute! She has quite the selection to choose from

Old 07-04-2017, 03:59 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,415,867 times
We display a U.S. flag on many federal holidays.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:21 PM

274 posts, read 237,580 times
Yes. We fly our flag several times throughout the year.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:31 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Yes. Every day if it's not raining. I think it's flags.com that we got it from, flag, pole and holder for about $45. or so. If you can't find a flag online, you aren't looking very hard.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:32 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,981,246 times
Yes. Everyday

Old 07-04-2017, 05:35 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,337,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes. Every day if it's not raining. I think it's flags.com that we got it from, flag, pole and holder for about $45. or so. If you can't find a flag online, you aren't looking very hard.
Thanks. Now I know where to look when I am ready to start looking

Old 07-04-2017, 05:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Yes.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:51 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,006,893 times
Our first home we had an American flag. Second we did not as we had nowhere to install it. This house we have a college flag on a small in ground stand.

We have been new home shopping and were seriously considering purchasing a new home in a new neighborhood going in. We asked for their HOA restrictions. One of the first lines while we were reading it was no homeowner could display an American flag or state flag. Needless to say we didn't purchase there.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:57 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
When I was kid, it seems like everyone in the neighborhood had a flag that was put out during holidays. When I moved away, I didn't have flag to put out-mostly because I lived in apartments or just never thought about it.

After 9/11, I wanted to put out a flag but we didn't have one and the only one I could find was a small one (there was a run on flags in those days), so I just tacked that little flag on the front window and it stayed there until we moved.

The new house had a flag holder in front. I wanted to put it to use so I went on the hunt for a flag. I found one that was made in the U.S. (I just hate the thought of having a U.S. flag that was made in China. ) Then it was trying to find a pole that would go into our holder (it is an older holder so it is bigger than holders you can get today). Hubby "made" me one by using a banister railing that he bought from a home improvement center. Hey, it works. So now I have my flag that I put out during holidays-just like when I was a kid.

Do you display any kind of flag-whether it be the National flag, a seasonal flag or any other kind of flag?

Cat
I would feel obligated to follow flag code and my life is to hectic to make sure I have it down by dark, or the lights installed and timed to do it right. Plus I live close to the beach and it annoys the crap out of me when people just fly torn and frayed flags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating