U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 06:32 PM

206 posts, read 432,996 times

Advertisements

Our framed shower door is in bad shape. Itís cheap looking, dingy, the seal is coming off, and it is becoming warped. We really like the look of frameless and we will need to get it done at some point before we sell the house in the future. (We might as well enjoy it for a bit ourselves.)

We got a quote from a very reputable company, (in Atlanta if that matters). For a two sided frameless shower, weíre looking at $1,750 out the door for everything installed. Our initial plan was to call at least one or two more company with quotes. However, these people were really very nice, got great reviews, and the lady left me a message today saying they really, really want our business. Iíve done some research online it looks like most estimates are somewhere between $900 and $1200 for a frameless shower. Has anyone had this done recently and can attest to that? We would love to go with this company, but just want to know what price we would need to get down to in order not to get a second estimate. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 07:37 PM

14,013 posts, read 20,317,250 times
Make sure all the glass has factory-applied Shower Guard.
Read all the reviews you can on the business.
Price is not everything. Sleeping is very important.
Ask her why they are worth the money.
Price is not everything.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:28 PM

12,557 posts, read 48,769,342 times
Due to availability of materials, labor, and size- there's no way to put a price on "X".

Get the other quotes and make an educated decision based on the information before you.

Who was the quote? Diamond Glass?

Old 05-03-2018, 05:11 PM

51 posts, read 85,865 times
We redid our master bath and were rather surprised by cost of the frame-less glass enclosure. Ours is two sides as well, and with a hinged door that swings both in and out. We also went with the glass clamps instead of u-channel to complete the seemless look. I think that added another $150. We got 3 quotes that ranged from $1500-$2000 for those specs. That was all-in installed and custom sized cost.

You can buy some standard size seemless glass shower enclosures in the $800-1200 range, but would need to fit your bathroom and shower pan around that...oh and get it installed.

Anyhow, it's not cheap, and there are certainly cheaper alternatives out there. I did all the rest of the bathroom remodel myself so saved a lot of money on that and then splurged on the shower glass enclosure. Necessary, no, but it is a rather nice look.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:32 AM

452 posts, read 1,504,978 times
I'm in the Atlanta area also and that price sounds about right, I had a couple of quotes for 3/8 glass, pivot door, stainless hardware, came in around $1200- $1600 for a 60" x 72" single side shower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or