Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:13 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

I am so very excited. This has been a long road for my husband and I and we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We bought unimproved 10 acres last November. We had a lot of work to do before we could even start on the house. Finally we have gotten to the finishing touches. You know when the kitchen goes in the end is near

Nine days ago we got my RTA cabinets in 20 boxes:

Two days later they were all assembled:

Two days after that the granite company came to measure and make a template.

Two days later they installed the counter.

And now I have been cleaning and filling cabinets. I am so ready to cook

Anyway I just wanted to share my excitement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 01:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
That is a gorgeous kitchen - and I love the flooring you chose!

Old 08-04-2018, 02:41 PM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Thanks for the update, Lisa. I’ve been eagerly waiting!
It looks very pretty. I think I asked you this question after the last kitchen you put in......what did you make first?

Old 08-04-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That is a gorgeous kitchen - and I love the flooring you chose!
Thank you. This is the brown house, lol. The flooring is Luxury Vinyl Plank. I love that it is waterproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Thanks for the update, Lisa. I’ve been eagerly waiting!
It looks very pretty. I think I asked you this question after the last kitchen you put in......what did you make first?
Meh only breakfast so far. Grilling steaks tonight but making this delicious cake tonight It's a cheat cake but oh so good and moist...and rich.

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Beautiful! Enjoy your new kitchen, and your "cheat cake" celebration! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Beautiful! Enjoy your new kitchen, and your "cheat cake" celebration! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

You're welcome and it is really really good with chocolate frosting.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:03 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,597,909 times
Beautiful! Enjoy!

Old 08-05-2018, 10:10 AM

50,335 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Darn. I have everything but the chocolate pudding.

Old 08-05-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Darn. I have everything but the chocolate pudding.
Go get some, lol.

This has become a favorite cake for so many of my friends and family. One year I made it for my MIL...she liked it so much we all had it for breakfast one morning

Old 08-05-2018, 02:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Thank you. This is the brown house, lol. The flooring is Luxury Vinyl Plank. I love that it is waterproof

Meh only breakfast so far. Grilling steaks tonight but making this delicious cake tonight It's a cheat cake but oh so good and moist...and rich.

Triple Chocolate Cake

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

This is a great recipe and you can do it with other flavor variations too - like a red velvet cake mix, all of the above but change the instant pudding to vanilla or cheesecake and then top with homemade cream cheese frosting, and it tastes EXACTLY LIKE HOMEMADE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. (I'd leave out the chocolate chips too but who knows, they might be fabulous in it.)

You can also do a killer rum cake with a yellow cake mix, vanilla or cheesecake instant pudding, add some walnuts into the mix, and then bake it in a bundt pan and then soak in rum in a tin with a lid - turn it over a few times a day for two days and then let your Auntie eat a couple of slices of it after Thanksgiving dinner and watch her get tipsy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating