Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:07 PM

604 posts, read 4,621,797 times

Advertisements

I prefer to paint all common areas one color. We painted a darker tan color (I have 2 small kids who touch everything) thru out halls, living, dining, kitchen, entry b/c they all open to each other. I did take an accent color a paint the wall behind the TV in the living room and added wainscotting/crown/accent wall to the dining to add interest, but all the colors go together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,902 times
Default Love your Home !

I agree with the other replys - Verticals must go. Window is much to beautiful to be hidden. I like the color you have on the walls right now and would love to know what the color name is and who makes it. It is just what I'm looking for. Do You know the name?? I like the idea of furntire and rugs and wall hangings to bring out color and make your home pop with color. Between the wall color and white floors. Anything you put in there is going to look awesome!

Old 05-23-2008, 04:53 AM

175 posts, read 602,346 times
When I paint I will use the colors from the same Benjamin Moore cared-ie:ceiling color from lightest shade on top, then pick a wall a few shades down.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 AM

67 posts, read 304,925 times
Do you want to stay with the tiled floor? That was the first thing I wanted to change when I saw your pictures. I'd recommend getting some throw rugs or using FLOR tiles (FLOR is Modular Flooring for the Home, Office, and Anywhere). They're nifty little carpet tiles that stick together. You could "carpet" the whole room(s) or make area rugs for the rooms.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:27 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
Paperhouse Love your place

I painted my living areas a light light lilac and it looks real good to me but not for everyone - makes a nice contrast for greens and small accents of primary colors very cheerful [go towards red not blue]. Issue with any shade of purple - once the die is cast there are red and blue shades of the color and they clash with each other. Anything you get, I would go with LIGHT shades as the rooms will close in on you if they are dark. When we bought our house, the owner got creative [there were SEVEN colors in an open floor plan 1650SF house all of them bold shades and it was hideous!]
Whatever you do get, brave painting a section to see how it really looks against your tiles and in your light.

I don't have a picture to share.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:34 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
Beautiful rooms personally I would go with a darker coffee color in one room and a lighter coffee color in the other with a white to beige trim. This will take away the stark white of the blinds and floor and offset it a bit. You can use colors and prints for curtains that would blend in with both rooms.
Looks like you have endless possibilities. Good Luck

Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM

9 posts, read 31,806 times
Its such a large bright open space you shoudn't use dark colors. I would do a light kakhi brown or a mustard gold.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:23 PM

66 posts, read 382,481 times
lots of nice natural light. I agree, get rid of the venetian blinds. I'd do a nice soft blue gray and then a darker shade of blue for an accent wall. Cream or white furnishings with some different shades of blue,and brown(or even pastel orange or pale yellow)

check out beach glass,gray wisp,misted green,wythe blue and mount saint anne from Benjamin Moore. or if you're not afraid color(like last 2 pic links i posted at bottom) try normandy,waterfall or buckland blue.

then whatever color you go with,go 1 to 2 shades darker for the accent wall.

leave the trim white.

see here:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1420/...c2f7f064c4.jpg

http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2008/04/01/...hroom_w609.jpg

Paint Palettes: dominomag.com (http://www.dominomag.com/galleries/paint/paint_rainbow_33 - broken link)

http://mirrormirror.typepad.com/mirr...view_thumb.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating