Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 07:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Doubt if we will decorate at all this year-if we do, it will be only a few pieces here or there. We assume we will NOT see the kids at all this year. We had a Zoom Thanksgiving and will probably have a Zoom Christmas, too. Even if the kids were coming, I don't think I would want to put up a tree because of our Luna(tic). She is still a kitten and is into EVERYTHING! She likes to go after the pics that are hung on the wall. I can imagine what she would do with a Christmas tree with all those bright, shiny objects just dangling and screaming,"Come get me, Luna! Come get me!." Hopefully, by next year, she will be mature enough where she won't want to climb the tree.

Cat
My daughter has a kitten like that so she won't be doing a tree this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 06:14 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
There seems to be a huge resurgence in white trees both indoors and outdoors, here.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:36 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
We replaced our 20+ year-old small LED lights that had become dim over the years. Unfortunately the decision to replace them came we put them up. We bought new C9 bulbs/strings/ and gutter clips to replace the old ones this week. We hung the new bulbs pointing down on the gutters. I expected them to be brighter since they were larger, but…

OMG, they were so bright it looked like daylight around the house and the garage door projector images were washed out. Oh No!!! We decided to place the bulbs pointing up in the hopes it wouldn’t be so bright. I got the box of clips out we hung them with and lo and behold, the instructions on the box showed placing them pointing up. Good grief!

The correct orientation made all the difference, the underside of our oak is lit up instead of the ground now. I can live with these for a long time.

Last edited by jean_ji; 12-17-2021 at 08:27 PM..

Old 12-18-2021, 07:44 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Hubs bought me this little wrought iron tree that I put up again this year....SO easy and the ornaments I have collected over the years can really be seen. And of course, I have lights on it, too.

Although I do love a real tree, the clean up was a pain for me and this works so nicely....and I don't have to cut down a tree.

Looks like this, but only 6 feet tall and has a star on top (this year, I put a santa hat up there). In the link, the tree looks bare...but mine is very twinkly and sweet.

https://shop.pbs.org/HW4762.html?p=1...IaApVREALw_wcB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating