Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 05:38 PM

244 posts, read 1,227,543 times

Advertisements

when I think of a "little" girls room I think of bright purple or lavendar...when I think of a "big" girls room I think of purples more along the line of a dark purple or eggplant color. But, I would only paint one wall as an accent and a light grey or creme on other walls and then purple accessories. I want to paint my room purple, but I have an orange-ish red color wood bedroom set and I think it would clash. So, my walls are white cause I have NO idea what colors to use that wouldn't make the wood look MORE orange. Maybe I should start a post?! Post pics when you are all done
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 12:57 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times
Without knowing whether you have wood floors or carpet and furniture style etc., here are a few suggestions.

Here are some color choices, all from Sherwin-Williams:

Bedroom - Quixotic Plum #6265

Small T.V. Room - Edamame #7729

Living Room - Enjoyable Yellow #6666, or Toasty #6095

All Trim, all rooms - Snowbound White #7004 (or whatever white trim color already in your house if it looks good with the above colors)

To keep a cohesive look to all the rooms, paint all trim throughout the house the same white color. Keep all room colors compatible with each other.

Go to this Sherwin-Williams site. Launch the color visualizer, choose your interior room and plug in these code numbers. Drag the color over to the area in the picture to be colored. Play around a bit, it's pretty easy to use. You will be able to see the colors chosen above. And if you like something you see, you can save it or email it.

These are the interior rooms on the visualizer I used to look at the colors.

Master bedroom - Bedroom #5
T.V. Room - Living Room #5
Living Room - Living Room #3

Paint Colors - Color Ideas - Color Visualizer - Sherwin-Williams

Last edited by Beth56; 08-22-2009 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating