Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM

4 posts, read 26,395 times

Advertisements

We need to get drapes for our bedroom because the moonlight keeps us awake. Eastern sunlight in a.m., too. Walls are light camel tan, floor's the same (Pergo). Have slider plus two good sized casement windows. Want to do pinch pleat drapes attached to rings. Have a chocolate recliner and bedspreads switch from camel tan to ivory to burgundy. Current oriental rug is basically burgundy but have a tan with salmon edge oriental that could be put in there instead.. Gold, chocolate, or burgundy drapes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 07:36 PM

2,183 posts, read 7,973,101 times
Pictures?

Old 08-09-2009, 11:46 PM

681 posts, read 2,349,545 times
I vote for gold, or even a similar camel-tan pinch pleat drape. Tone on tone walls and drapes might sound boring, but it gives such a seamless, soft look. And it goes with everything when it comes time to switch comforters or the rug because if you're matching with the walls, the drapes automatically work too.

Have you checked out JCPenney's pinch pleat drapes? They have golds and tans in pinch pleat (including 95" lengths), and last time I checked they came in room darkening versions too.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:31 PM

557 posts, read 2,603,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish View Post
I vote for gold, or even a similar camel-tan pinch pleat drape. Tone on tone walls and drapes might sound boring, but it gives such a seamless, soft look. And it goes with everything when it comes time to switch comforters or the rug because if you're matching with the walls, the drapes automatically work too.

Have you checked out JCPenney's pinch pleat drapes? They have golds and tans in pinch pleat (including 95" lengths), and last time I checked they came in room darkening versions too.

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning toward tan/gold because it does allow more flexibility for accessory colors. Husband say's it's too much tan. Glad to hear someone else thinks like I do! Yes, checked out Penney's who have a decent selection at reasonable prices. Then we will see if the new kitten will leave the drapes alone!

Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,633,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogoli View Post
We need to get drapes for our bedroom because the moonlight keeps us awake. Eastern sunlight in a.m., too. Walls are light camel tan, floor's the same (Pergo). Have slider plus two good sized casement windows. Want to do pinch pleat drapes attached to rings. Have a chocolate recliner and bedspreads switch from camel tan to ivory to burgundy. Current oriental rug is basically burgundy but have a tan with salmon edge oriental that could be put in there instead.. Gold, chocolate, or burgundy drapes?
I like Burgundy the color or gold! Bring home a
swatch and you may change your mind. There was a color antique gold
which was a favorite color because it did blend with lots. Sears or Macys had that color and it would go with what you have!

Last edited by maggiekate; 08-10-2009 at 07:10 PM..

Old 08-10-2009, 07:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,445,996 times
Quote:
JCP has a wide selection, worked for them doing custom window treatments.
You mentioned the am eastern sun, think about fading
as well as light blocking. Have you thought about window shades?
Roman or woven with a light blocking liner? Then add the panels on rings
too? If you do the shades, it could make a difference in the drapery color selection.
Just some thoughts.

Last edited by virgode; 08-10-2009 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: pghing

Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 AM

46 posts, read 143,472 times
Default Go with burgundy

Your room sounds lovely. I would go with burgundy drapes. I have a similar color scheme in my LR, but the walls are a light green (CLARY SAGE by Sherwin-Williams) and my burgundy drapes look stunning with the sage green as well as with my chocolate, gold, and tan accessories.

Quote:

Old 08-30-2009, 12:55 PM

5,284 posts, read 19,989,303 times
Do you have patterns in the room? I love the look of roll-up dark bamboo or grass shades combined with drapes....personally I would go with a draperty color just a bit darker than the walls or a chocolate colored drape....I think burgundy is not right with the wall color. Bed Bath & Beyond has silk drapery pannels that are lined with a flannel inner lining - they are about $100 per panel but you can always use ther coupons to lower the price....however they are not pinch pleated. I also love a large check tone on tone silk drape.

Old 08-30-2009, 03:41 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,533,350 times
Quote:
Is the only pattern you have in the rugs?
If so I would go for a pattern fabric for your drapes, a different scale pattern to the rugs-probably bigger as imagine the pattern scale on the oriental is quite small. Then you can bring in burgundy,gold and chocolate.
I would pick a texture that is unlike the textures of your bedding so you get a mix of fabric textures.Maybe get a throw or cushions in the same fabric as the curtains.
Then for accesories you can pull out the colors in the drapes. I think they say that your color scheme should be maj one color (2/3) and then 1/3 another color and then accent colors after that. So if walls and floors are tan, that would be your 2/3 (at least) so you need another color (?burgundy rug,bedding) plus some accent colors-ivory and chocolate.I would try try and get a pattern with more burgundy in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating