Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 PM

2 posts, read 43,547 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else have a Stressless recliner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 04:07 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,311,226 times
I used to sell furniture in a store that did NOT sell Stressless. I can't tell you how many times customers would come in and insult my furniture and tell me how great their Stressless recliners are.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I used to sell furniture in a store that did NOT sell Stressless. I can't tell you how many times customers would come in and insult my furniture and tell me how great their Stressless recliners are.
Thats funny, I used to be an in-store designer for many years, people would come in and tell me how much they despised the Stressless recliners they had purchased, go figure!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 19,497 times
I am selling a Stressless Ekornes recliner...Vegas style in Large with the foot rest. Is there anyone interested?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 9,712 times
Default still available?

If available, please provide details about leather grade, color, and wood color. What state and/or city? Price, condition?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:25 AM

2 posts, read 19,497 times
Default ekornes chair

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry....I am in Raleigh, NC. The color of the leather is forest green and the wood is teak color. The condition is excellent and I am asking for $850. It lists for $2500. I can also send you pictures as well.

Bob

Old 11-18-2011, 10:39 PM

15 posts, read 49,409 times
Did you sell the chair bbigaouette?

Old 07-20-2013, 06:36 PM

1 posts, read 8,092 times
Thumbs down Ekornes stressless Vegas recliner

I have just over 10 years experience with this recliner.

We never ever spend this kind of money on furniture and decided to go for it and can not recommend this chair or the customer service at Copenhagen in Tucson , Az.

The leather is fine but we figured this thing for the cost would probably last a lifetime with tender loving care.

5 years in, the inferior quality seat zig zag springs broke and you would sink into the seat and be very uncomfortable.

They warranted the lower seat with a complete new unit and we were very happy and figured it was just a one time fluke.

Now 5 years later, same exact failure but this time no warranty.

You can't buy just a set of 4 springs to repair this chair, but the Copenhagen here will sell you a brand new seat for hundreds of dollars- which could get you into a decent lazyboy.

Long story short, Copenhagen not even interested in helping do anything but sell you several grand worth of new chair. We won't be going back there either.

I found 8 springs at a DIY place on the web that made a custom set of 8 springs in a thicker gauge spring and am back in business for under 20 bucks.

If you want to waste thousands of dollars on this really good looking junk from Norway that won't last like it should for the price you paid this is the stuff for you.

And no we are just average size folks not huge, who baby their stuff and will never recommend this brand or the local Copenhagen ever again.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:51 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,181,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie22 View Post
If you want to waste thousands of dollars on this really good looking junk from Norway that won't last like it should for the price you paid this is the stuff for you.
Good-looking? I think they look awful but I am sure they are comfortable to sit in.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:28 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,817,826 times
We have two chairs in the cognac color - my biggest complaint is that I wished they reclined a bit more. We've had them at least 7 years and they get a lot of use. They've held up fine, considering we have two dogs (size medium and large) who LOVE them. I had to adapt covers for them, since no one sells chair covers that fit and the dog toenails were a bit hard on the leather.

I like the fact that they aren't enormous overstuffed things and only take up a moderate amount of space, plus they are easy to move around - I tend to remake my main room by season (the chairs go in front of the woodstove in the winter, in front of the two big windows in the spring and fall and in the cool, shady part of the room in summer).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating