Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,264,475 times

Advertisements

I swear someday I'm going to wallpaper a wall with music compositions. All the classic composers.
I've been collecting sheet music for years. I just can't imagine what wall though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 05:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,311,174 times
susan, I imagine we here in the USA can get photos blown up to the size of triptychs and quadtychs. To be honest, I never thought about it, but what a great idea.

Here are the trips and quads I saw on the online auctions place. His photos are breathtaking. The seller is his daughter.

http://art.shop.ebay.com/Art-from-De...d=p3286.c0.m14

Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 PM

50,061 posts, read 63,405,659 times
Those are nice. I don't know your price range, but if you live near student art, that's a good source of affordable art. Check out art.com, too. they have a huge selection of prints that will suffice until you can fit the better stuff into your budget.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:15 AM

6,066 posts, read 14,999,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
I swear someday I'm going to wallpaper a wall with music compositions. All the classic composers.
I've been collecting sheet music for years. I just can't imagine what wall though.
That would be fun... I can visualize something like a deep reddish color on all the other walls, then one whole wall done with the sheet music. Of course, if you're lucky enough to have an entire room to dedicate to music this would be so perfect, and fun! I don't know that doing all the walls would work, though - too busy and chaotic-feeling. Too noisy! Ha ha... had to say it. Sorry!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:21 AM

6,066 posts, read 14,999,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
susan, I imagine we here in the USA can get photos blown up to the size of triptychs and quadtychs. To be honest, I never thought about it, but what a great idea.

Here are the trips and quads I saw on the online auctions place. His photos are breathtaking. The seller is his daughter.

eBay Seller: sofiecatinc: Photographs, painting items on eBay.com
Are you thinking like photobucket or those 1-hour photo lab type places? There are lots of places than can take a digital photograph and do pretty much anything you want with it. Even Walmart, believe it or not. I actually have used Walmart's 1-hour photo service and was happy with the results and the money I saved. All you do is create an account, upload your pictures, then place your order. It's very easy to use. https://www.walmart.com/subflow/YourAccountLoginContext/917479445/sub_generic_login/start.do?login=1 (broken link) If you have a program like Adobe Photoshop you can break up your photo to create your own quadtych or triptych or diptych or whatever you're going for... then have them printed out poster-size or whatever size you'd like.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:06 AM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 8,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
That would be fun... I can visualize something like a deep reddish color on all the other walls, then one whole wall done with the sheet music. Of course, if you're lucky enough to have an entire room to dedicate to music this would be so perfect, and fun! I don't know that doing all the walls would work, though - too busy and chaotic-feeling. Too noisy! Ha ha... had to say it. Sorry!
L O L ! But what about the rests?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,534,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Are you thinking like photobucket or those 1-hour photo lab type places? There are lots of places than can take a digital photograph and do pretty much anything you want with it. Even Walmart, believe it or not. I actually have used Walmart's 1-hour photo service and was happy with the results and the money I saved. All you do is create an account, upload your pictures, then place your order. It's very easy to use. https://www.walmart.com/subflow/YourAccountLoginContext/917479445/sub_generic_login/start.do?login=1 (broken link) If you have a program like Adobe Photoshop you can break up your photo to create your own quadtych or triptych or diptych or whatever you're going for... then have them printed out poster-size or whatever size you'd like.
But will they put them onto canvases for you?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:56 PM

1,638 posts, read 4,534,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
L O L ! But what about the rests?
See-I think that looks very stylish and contemporary. Not sure on a whole wall of it-maybe a border, although they are a little has been, but I think a border like that would be cool!

Old 10-03-2009, 06:15 PM

50,061 posts, read 63,405,659 times
It sounds like she is into clutter and you are not. I've heard more than one decorator say (and I agree) that family pictures belong in private areas of the house, not public ones. I like a major piece of art in a room for visual interest and to work off of for colors, but I can't stand a bunch of stuff hanging everywhere either.
You may be guilty of what she said, or not, but it's your house, so you should do as you please.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:14 PM

65 posts, read 191,356 times
texasfirewheel your rooms are spectacular. If only people would grasp the concept of matching frames! I have even used cheap acrylics to paint frames so they all match on a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating