Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 PM

867 posts, read 1,371,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHGTV View Post
I don't see how this woman has a show with such an annoying voice! It seems like she has been coached to improve it but it still doesn't cut it. I'm supportive of most people - but what were they thinking in making her the host of a show with so much talking.
Yeah! She's a tad creepy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 01:14 PM

867 posts, read 1,371,928 times
I can't stand Genevieve Gorder and Sarh Richardson uses either white or yellow for everything! Blah!!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:23 PM

256 posts, read 1,390,473 times
I'm not crazy about Genevieve but recently she is driving me especially crazy by adding ....yeah at the end of every question.

We'll do the walls blue...yeah?
Then we'll add some yellow accents...yeah?
And some nice striped curtains...yeah?

Her other bad habit is that she assigns a gender to everything. The other day she kept referring to the structure of the house and the room as female, while all of the furnishings were male.

This room is a mess but we are going to transform her.
She will be beautiful when we are finished.
I love that nightstand, he is just the right shade of green.
Let's move this guy (a lamp), over here.

Dear Genevieve,

Inanimate objects do not have a gender. Yeah?

Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennquaker09 View Post
I'm curious, where would you look? I'm positive wherever it is, the furniture isn't good quality.

Sourcing, "things," is not nearly the same as being a interior designer. The thing is, people equate budget with cheap, and they are in no way similar. Different things require adhering to a budget.

An upholstered chair alone will cost $1500 minimum. That's for the chair itself, not for the fabric or the labor. Let's say the fabric was found on sale for $70 a yard and this chair required 10 yards. We're at $2200. Okay, now you have to pay for upholstery. Conservatively, we'll say that he's charging $500. Our fabric didn't require a lot of matching, so he didn't have to work as hard. Okay, so grand total for your chair is $2700. What kind of delivery service are you going to have? Curbside or white glove.

Drapes for a window. Right off top, labor charges for one window will be $2000. Again, you gotta find fabric. You fall in love with this Kravet fabric that's $110 a yard. One panel requires 10 yards. You've got 4 windows in the living room so you need 8 panels. Okay, your draperies are going to be $16800. Don't forget hardware and installation.

I've done one chair and the windows and I've spent $20000.
Please come down to reality - very few people would spend (shall I say overspend) on the things you have outlined. You can buy perfectly beautiful upholstery fabric for $25 to $35 a yard. Yes, most people don't operate on that kind of budget - even some people with money would find those prices excessive.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,862 times
jodi gilmour ***** she's terrible and awful to look at and annoying

Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hena hasan View Post
jodi gilmour ***** she's terrible and awful to look at and annoying
yeah, she is the one with the permanent smile on her face that thinks she can negotiate rents with a LL.

I also hated Tanya Nyack, is she even on anymore.? Her voice was so annoying and her designs were awful

now lets get a little shirtless humor here, shall we.

I used to crack up when David Bromstad would be painting one of his famous (ugly) paintings, and he would be shirtless, and sweaty.....(fake sweat, from a spray bottle, no doubt) but then working behind him would be the carpenter, electrician, plumber, all wearing shirts and not one drip of sweat would be on these men...........................figure that one out.

Now Anthiny Carrino from "kitchen cousins", yeah, him shirtless would work.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 AM

632 posts, read 1,030,651 times
I'd like to slap:

Meg "Orange Pumpkin Head" Caswell. Her face is annoying, her giant orange pumpkin head is annoying, her voice is annoying, I just cant stand to see her on my TV.

Those Goofy looking Property Brothers. Their goofy faces, giant chicklet looking veneers, and low-level autism looks on their faces irritate me.

David Bromstad. He's just a tad bit too "colorful" if you know what I mean. Not Project Runway "colorful" but he's definitely out there.

I like:

Kristen Cunningham. She was HOT and had an incredible booty. I miss her. She was one of my favorites on the original Design On A Dime.

Antonio from The Antonio Project. Even though every episode had him talking about "doing recon work", his stuff was really cool and I LOVED that it was based and filmed here in Los Angeles.

Genevive Gorder from "Dear Genevive". She's just sooooooo pretty and talented. Incredible sparkly eyes and great design. She's also my favorite judge on Design Star.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
I'd like to slap:

Meg "Orange Pumpkin Head" Caswell. Her face is annoying, her giant orange pumpkin head is annoying, her voice is annoying, I just cant stand to see her on my TV.

Those Goofy looking Property Brothers. Their goofy faces, giant chicklet looking veneers, and low-level autism looks on their faces irritate me.

David Bromstad. He's just a tad bit too "colorful" if you know what I mean. Not Project Runway "colorful" but he's definitely out there.

I like:

Kristen Cunningham. She was HOT and had an incredible booty. I miss her. She was one of my favorites on the original Design On A Dime.

Antonio from The Antonio Project. Even though every episode had him talking about "doing recon work", his stuff was really cool and I LOVED that it was based and filmed here in Los Angeles.

Genevive Gorder from "Dear Genevive". She's just sooooooo pretty and talented. Incredible sparkly eyes and great design. She's also my favorite judge on Design Star.

yes, i too think she is very pretty. i like her also.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Please come down to reality - very few people would spend (shall I say overspend) on the things you have outlined. You can buy perfectly beautiful upholstery fabric for $25 to $35 a yard. Yes, most people don't operate on that kind of budget - even some people with money would find those prices excessive.

You'd be surprised. I didn't say I spent that kind of cash, but I certainly know people that do and have. It's not as uncommon as one would think.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
I'd like to slap:

Meg's voice-----OMG---- Is her show even still on???? I couldn't sit through an entire episode.

Goofy looking Property Brothers!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So agree!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating