Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 10:28 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,521,736 times

Advertisements

I've used aura in my last 2 homes and love it. I'm an amateur that has painted quite a few homes. You do apply it differently, but it has a flawless finish, and touch ups are imperceptible. It's all I will use in my own homes. I use regal for my rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 11:08 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson185 View Post
FYI, I used the aura paint thinking I was buying a very special paint...like the paint of all paints, boy was I wrong. I've painted before and never had any issues. After I was done painting I looked at my job and there were roller marks everywhere (I was using the top of the line roller as well). I thought maybe it wasn't dry yet...wrong...they were there 24 hours later. Just looked terrible. I tryed to touch up one little area and it did not blend into the paint. The only way to describe it is if you got eggshell paint and matte and swirled them up on the wall. It totally looked like several different sheens on the wall. I took it back to ace hardware to have it analyzed and they said the paint was fine.

I hired a pro painter to come in and repaint over it with a different brand of paint (porter paint). It looks great now. He did miss one little spot, so I touched up with the paint and 2 hours later the touch up disappeared...looks like ben moore needs to revisit aura. Just want to warn you about my expensive mistake!
I've always had great luck with Ben Moore paint and have used it for years.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:22 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,495,418 times
Never used Aura, but we are partial to BM Regal. It's all I have used as we redo the rooms in the house along with Super Spec for trim. Never had issues as described so it must need to be applied differently as many are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating