Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM

3 posts, read 12,258 times

Advertisements

We are remodeling our kitchen with new cherry stained cabinets. Our dining room is painted SW restrained gold. I think SW blonde would be good in the kitchen and also want to use it in the LR. We are also painting our family room. The doorway to the FR is between the breakfast nook and the counter bar. We want to paint the FR Benjamin Moore Brookline Beige on three walls and BM Jackson Tan on the fireplace wall. Will the family room colors go well with the kitchen colors? Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Colors look different on the internet. Let us know if you think these accurate reflections of the kitchen and family room colors?

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MPC0007003-2T.jpg (broken link)

http://www.myperfectcolor.com/v/vspfiles/photos/MPC0007002-2T.jpg (broken link)

http://www.house-painting-info.com/i...blonde-lrg.jpg

Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM

Yes, that looks like good representations of the colors.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:22 PM

424 posts, read 2,340,844 times
they'll probably go fine, in fact they may all look the same after a while since they're pretty similar. They could clash, but might instead blend together in a weird way. Which might not matter, but maybe. Might at least be easier to use fewer colors if they're gonna seem the same. can you get some samples and let that help you? I saw an idea once that you can paint white posterboard and cut squares to tape on the wall, then you're not actually painting your wall yet.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I might try the posterboard thing.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:58 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,347,764 times
Honestly, it sounds extremely bland.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:28 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,315,824 times
I have Blonde...I really loved it in my last home...so much so that I put it in our current home and now I am not loving it so much. My old home had higher ceilings which made a difference. Ivoire is one shade lighter and I think a better choice FOR ME at my current home. You just never can tell until you try it... I too would try the poster board.
Good luck!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 AM

9 posts, read 61,914 times
Yeah, You have good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysajewell View Post
We are remodeling our kitchen with new cherry stained cabinets. Our dining room is painted SW restrained gold. I think SW blonde would be good in the kitchen and also want to use it in the LR. We are also painting our family room. The doorway to the FR is between the breakfast nook and the counter bar. We want to paint the FR Benjamin Moore Brookline Beige on three walls and BM Jackson Tan on the fireplace wall. Will the family room colors go well with the kitchen colors? Thanks for any help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating