Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:11 PM

65 posts, read 371,840 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from One Kings Lane and if they had a good experience. They appear to have great items but a no return policy so wanted to check them out.

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 07:34 PM

137 posts, read 614,763 times
I would be hesitant about them not having a return policy, but I have no personal experience with them.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:50 PM

18 posts, read 408,942 times
I've ordered from OKL a few times - and think they're great!

The reason they don't have a return policy is because they only run sales for a few days. If you decided you didn't want sometime and wanted to return it, they wouldn't be able to resell it because the time frame would have passed. Does that make sense? However, I'm sure if an item arrived damaged or something, they'd have no problem letting you return it.

But I think it's worth it to get to luxury home designer brands for a fraction of the cost!

Old 05-24-2010, 01:13 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
I don't trust businesses that want me to sign up before I can see what they have to offer. Even if the membership is free, they want too much info up front. What do they do with it ??? First name, last name, email, zip, and gender - I beg your pardon ?

Old 05-24-2010, 07:43 PM

65 posts, read 371,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by packpr View Post
I've ordered from OKL a few times - and think they're great!

The reason they don't have a return policy is because they only run sales for a few days. If you decided you didn't want sometime and wanted to return it, they wouldn't be able to resell it because the time frame would have passed. Does that make sense? However, I'm sure if an item arrived damaged or something, they'd have no problem letting you return it.

But I think it's worth it to get to luxury home designer brands for a fraction of the cost!

Thanks - That is just what I needed to know. I love what I am seeing, but afraid to order from somewhere that I am not familiar with. I wanted to know if anyone had any issues. Glad to know you have had a good experience.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,128 times
I have looked at their inventory and things are really overpriced! I actually had something in my cart and went through the whole check out process, and at the end they wouldn't take my valid credit card. Never had that happen before - ever! I contacted the complaint department and they said they are working on it as it has happened to other. NOT FOR ME! Bye Bye.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:18 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
I too resented that they needed info from me just to LOOK at their items.

I also am always skeptical at "70% off." Really? 70% off some inflated "suggested price"?

Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I purchased a side table from them. I was happy with the product and will most definitely use them again.

My husband also does a bit of business with them (housewares).

Old 09-14-2012, 08:09 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
They are a fine company to work with. Same as Joss & Main and several other companies. They don't have a return policy because they are special deals.

You just have to look at other sites to compare prices. Sometimes they have GREAT prices on legitimately good items and other times their prices aren't that much better than other peoples' or they are just a % off of an overpriced item to begin with. You certainly can get some good deals if you look though/

Old 09-14-2012, 09:28 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Just surfing the net and reading various reviews, most people didnt seem very happy but I have no personal experience. So I didnt take the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating