U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:58 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,771,221 times

Advertisements

In my other thread, I was talking about adding mods to my Fusion and the more I thought about it, the more I don't want to do that. The Fusion is a fairly heavy vehicle (3886) and the mod list is VERY limited. I was looking around the internet and noticed the Civic Si sedan. We have a 3/yo, so a four-door is a must for us. From the YouTube videos I have seen, the car will get up and go. The power to weight ratio is good as well. I guess my question is, does Honda still have the reputation of producing reliable engines? I have never owned a foreign car, so I have no clue about them. Would the Civic Si sedan be a good mix of price, power and four doors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 PM

3,129 posts, read 5,295,702 times
Great if you are 16 or a girl. The new one will be her next month and I think it gets the engine from the Acura TSX so it will be less exciting with like 5 more torques or something. You have to rev it up where it is loud to get decent power.

I would choose the new Hyundai Elantra over it easily. The new Civic is pretty ugly as well, the current model is okay I guess.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM

2,497 posts, read 6,390,025 times
I own the 08 sedan. The 2012 model is sad. Go to 8th civic.com to learn everything about the civic and the culture behind it. Great cars and until you have.owned one they don't seem too appealing. Once you get attached to your civic you'll know.what I mean. Want.speed and muscle? Look elsewhere.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:19 PM

9,758 posts, read 13,305,601 times
They're fun cars. With the direction Honda's taken in the last couple years, it may be one of the last truly fun Hondas we see for some time :/

First and foremost... you're probably going to get some posts here that are going to tell you that you're stupid for considering a Honda of any sort, especially one that's supposed to be a sporty four door. And one with 197 horsepower. Unless something's American, has eight cylinders, and puts its power to the rear wheels, it can't be fun.

The Civic Si is fun. They are quick little cars - not flat-out fast ala a Camaro SS, nor is it a track beast like an Elise, but it is what it is: a fun little 4-door with a high-revving engine. A lot of people gripe about the high revs... for me, that's what makes it fun. It's a big reason why I chose an S2000 with a 9k redline. The K20 engine in it has a ton of bolt-ons available and is extremely tunable, whether you just want an intake and exhaust, or a crate full of racing parts from Toda in Japan and a turbo.

To give you an idea of what you're looking at - especially with tuning in mind - here's a video of a Mugen Civic RR (which you could easily match with bolt-ons) versus a stock AP2 S2000:

YouTube - Mugen Civi

I'd definitely do it!

Old 03-30-2011, 10:33 PM

10,830 posts, read 26,341,583 times
The Civic is a very reliable car, and the Si is a bit more fun than the garden variety model. I would definitely consider one as opposed to trying to modify a Fusion.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-31-2011, 07:22 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,295,702 times
Really a Mugen, that is what you post, a $35,000+ Civic? Do you know the other vehicles you can have for $35,000? Shall we post other modified vehicles?

We can't even get a Mugen Civic here, so its a dumb video to show. He would have to buy those overpriced parts and put them on.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:33 AM

2,698 posts, read 9,909,222 times
I don't know anything about the new one (didn't know there even was one coming), but if you're talking about the current generation that's been out for a few years, it's a GREAT car depending on what you're looking for. For a compact car, it is extremely well-built. Everything about the car feels tight and solid. The 6-speed tranny has ridiculously short yet clean throws. The engine is completely rev-happy and always feels eager to be wound right out (which you kinda have to to get it going). Handling is very good as well, though I didn't get a chance to really put it to its paces on some kind of track. Still, those I that I have seen on an auto-x track do very well and it always looks like the driver is having a blast.

Granted, this perspective is only from riding in my co-worker's at least once a week for lunch and from driving it once or twice, but I'm thoroughly impressed by it. Always made me hate getting back into my craptastic compact car at the end of the day.

Mike

Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 AM

10,896 posts, read 23,115,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
In my other thread, I was talking about adding mods to my Fusion and the more I thought about it, the more I don't want to do that. The Fusion is a fairly heavy vehicle (3886) and the mod list is VERY limited. I was looking around the internet and noticed the Civic Si sedan. We have a 3/yo, so a four-door is a must for us. From the YouTube videos I have seen, the car will get up and go. The power to weight ratio is good as well. I guess my question is, does Honda still have the reputation of producing reliable engines? I have never owned a foreign car, so I have no clue about them. Would the Civic Si sedan be a good mix of price, power and four doors?
well keep your 4-door fusion and pick up a late model 05-09 mustang GT. if you want a car that has 300HP and has the most extensive aftermartket around for performance and it still has decent backseat room and trunk space so on a weekend trip you can still put the child car seat in the back with ease

YouTube - Ford Mustang GT Sound
FRPP has alot of fun goodies and so does roush, steeda and other comapnies to turn a stock GT into a car like this just don't get the automatic like the one in the video it is way more fun if you get a stick shift

Old 03-31-2011, 11:03 AM

10,896 posts, read 23,115,385 times

YouTube - Ford Mustang "Father and Son"
it is a great car to pass on

Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM

11,787 posts, read 13,300,694 times
If you want four doors and unlimited modding potential you want a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. The older models are a bit more raw, but the X has just as much (or more) potential in a newer shell. Plus, you can get them in a SST if the wife does not like a manual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura