U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,935,523 times

Advertisements

Gas hitting $4 for "regular"
Got to be nutts to by a car with "premium" gas.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 12:58 PM

31,777 posts, read 24,824,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I missed that one, thanks for the link and info. So, it looks like we might see some DI Honda engines in the next couple years. FWIW, while it sounded like I might have been kind of knocking on them for not using it, I don't blame them one bit for waiting and trying to get it "right".
Honda introduced its own DI variant (i-VTEC I) in Japanese market but it wasn't "DI" in typical terms.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,295,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
That makes plenty of sense; Honda has always had a reputation of being a leader and/or very agressive in technology-related matters, and jumping into the DI arena makes plenty of sense, even if some of their competitors have already beaten them to it.

It's not very easy to admit a mistake or stick with an underwhelming product such as the new Civic, and I'm also glad that a new one could be out next year.
Reputation which people that don't know about cars still follow. Hondas has fallen behind EVERYONE with technology, from Hyundai to Ford. They are selling on past reputation and merits to loyal fans and people that think Honda means technology.

Honda's hybrids also are not real hybrids, they are assists. That is why they just lost a law suit for terrible MPG. Honda is so far behind the curve its not even funny. THey finally will introduce some new tech FOR THEM that everyone else has for years now.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 AM

3,133 posts, read 9,396,909 times
Kia/Hyundai's 2.0 turbo in Sportage and Optima/Sonata doesn't require premium.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:53 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,935,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Reputation which people that don't know about cars still follow. Hondas has fallen behind EVERYONE with technology, from Hyundai to Ford. They are selling on past reputation and merits to loyal fans and people that think Honda means technology.

Honda's hybrids also are not real hybrids, they are assists. That is why they just lost a law suit for terrible MPG. Honda is so far behind the curve its not even funny. THey finally will introduce some new tech FOR THEM that everyone else has for years now.
I'm all for technology. However, I have no clue as far as cars are concerned. However, If I can get another Honda that is going to last like my old one (1999 Accord, 120k miles, VERY little money put into for repairs), I think I'll stick with the "old" technology. 13 years I had that car and can get another 7 years/100k miles out of that car.

Based off of my "American" car history purchases, there is NO way I will get 20 years/200k miles out of a car.

I was the orig. poster who wanted the Acura RDX. However, will premium gas, no way! I'm waiting for the new 2013 Accord Coupe. I really wish I could say "I buy American"

Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 AM

3,129 posts, read 5,295,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
I'm all for technology. However, I have no clue as far as cars are concerned. However, If I can get another Honda that is going to last like my old one (1999 Accord, 120k miles, VERY little money put into for repairs), I think I'll stick with the "old" technology. 13 years I had that car and can get another 7 years/100k miles out of that car.

Based off of my "American" car history purchases, there is NO way I will get 20 years/200k miles out of a car.

I was the orig. poster who wanted the Acura RDX. However, will premium gas, no way! I'm waiting for the new 2013 Accord Coupe. I really wish I could say "I buy American"
You bought an American car since the Honda Accord is made in America for Americans by Americans. It simply has a Honda badge.

Honda sells more cars in America than all their other countries combined. The RDX is made in Ohio.

They are American.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 AM

955 posts, read 3,487,362 times
Both NY Times and Car Gurus say the 2013 RDX will likely use regular gas:

2013 Acura RDX - Overview - CarGurus

Detroit Auto Show: 2013 Acura RDX - NYTimes.com

Old 03-21-2012, 03:22 PM

13,996 posts, read 15,990,404 times
I'll never understand why someone would go and spend an extra 10 grand for an RDX and then complain about premium. I mean the CR-V gets 23/31/26 vs the RDX 19/24/21. You could get 23% more mpg with a CR-V and save ten grand on the purchase price, and you're worried about premium gas costing less than 10% more? Really? That's nuts to me.

The new 2013 might be less of a dead dog on arrival than the current RDX, but I wouldn't count on it using regular. Horse power sells as much, if not more, in the luxury segment. Acura isn't a real luxury brand, it's more near-luxury, but they'll still try and squeeze as much power as they can under the hood, which means premium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or