Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 05:15 PM

233 posts, read 445,212 times

Advertisements

Ladies, the answer to our prayers when it comes to a vehicle

The Honda car just for women, complete with windscreen that helps prevent wrinkles (and it comes in pink, of course) | Mail Online

Quote:
Japanese motor giant Honda has designed the first car to be marketed exclusively to women.
The Honda Fit She's comes in colours inspired by popular eyeshadow shades (yes, that includes pink), and has a windscreen that 'helps prevent wrinkles'.
The $17,500 vehicle also has an air-conditioning system that apparently improves the driver's skin quality.
I guess Honda has decided to not release this in the US. Good move, Honda, good move. I'll stick to my lifted JK. Although I might miss the skin improving A/C when I have the top down and the doors off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
[quote=boolouwho;26683947]windscreen that helps prevent wrinkles]

Now if they could only do something about that disturbing cellulite problem.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:28 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolouwho View Post
Ladies, the answer to our prayers when it comes to a vehicle

The Honda car just for women, complete with windscreen that helps prevent wrinkles (and it comes in pink, of course) | Mail Online

I guess Honda has decided to not release this in the US. Good move, Honda, good move. I'll stick to my lifted JK. Although I might miss the skin improving A/C when I have the top down and the doors off
Hey guys look at me, I don't understand the Japanese consumer....

Old 10-26-2012, 07:32 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,162,917 times
I don't see the problem here. Just another way to market to a specific group, why would OP be surprised?

I am sure plenty of women think loud engine noise is retarded.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:27 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Japan and the US are totally different cultures and have very different attitudes towards women.

Consider this: Japan 101st in Global Gender Gap Rankings, Netizens React. - japanCRUSH

In a nutshell: Japan is #101 out of 135. in gender equality. The US is #22.

Fifty years ago in the US, very few women would have been saying that they preferred their lifted Jeep because few women would have driven them. They were a "man's" vehicle. It would have been socially unacceptable for women to drive something like that, generally speaking. That's pretty much what it's like in Japan... women drive women cars; men drive men cars.

Here are a couple previous cars that were designed and marketed towards women in Japan:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura