Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

I have an 08 Accord. I thought the 13 was mediocre and boring at first but seeing one up close that a neighbor has every day, the 13 is growing on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,758,240 times
I have to say that I saw one pull up next to me the other day and it was a nice looking car and this is out of the mouth of someone that hates Honda. I thought it looked better in person than in the pictures.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 AM

170 posts, read 634,903 times
Accords are like Camrys....bland, Boring and inoffensive. I dont think there is anything special about them and there are better choices out there. They do have a loyal following who blindly believe that they are bulletproof and super reliable. That alone makes them among the top sellers.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:30 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Conservative, and definately an Accord. They did not take any leaps with the styling. Having seen it in person, I think it looks fine. It's not ugly or offensive. It just is not going to stand out.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:34 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Haven't driven one. But the road tests are very favorable, especially with the CVT transmission. They say it is the best CVT available, without most of the irritating hold-the-revs-high characteristic of most, including Nissans.

Conservative styling no doubt, but this is Honda. I think they freshened it nicely though.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I think it is a great car that wants to look good but comes across very boring looking.
I fully agree with you.

I saw the new sedan sitting in a parking lot the other day.
My first impression was that it looked nice and of high quality but it lacked any pizazz that sets it apart from the rest of the crowd.

It's simply another nondescript sedan found in suburban America.

There is nothing that would have me consider this over any other quality mid priced mid sized sedan.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I fully agree with you.

I saw the new sedan sitting in a parking lot the other day.
My first impression was that it looked nice and of high quality but it lacked any pizazz that sets it apart from the rest of the crowd.

It's simply another nondescript sedan found in suburban America.

There is nothing that would have me consider this over any other quality mid priced mid sized sedan.
If looks drives your choice, I agree with you. But each of the contenders in this category has many differences under the cover.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Haven't driven one. But the road tests are very favorable, especially with the CVT transmission. They say it is the best CVT available, without most of the irritating hold-the-revs-high characteristic of most, including Nissans.

Conservative styling no doubt, but this is Honda. I think they freshened it nicely though.
I compared the Accord VS the Nissan Altima. The CVT in the Nissan was so much smoother and quieter. Again, I really wanted the Accord (previous post) However, the Nissan had a much better ride.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:32 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,306,923 times
I think the new Accord is awesome, especially in the EX or Touring trim levels. Looks really sharp and high quality, inside and out. Even luxurious, I would say. HUGE improvement over the bloated, ugly 2008-2012 model. Seats are finally comfortable again, unlike the hard as a rock seats in the 2008-2012. It's like the went back to the good old days, but with modern technology-- it kind of reminds me of the 1998-2002 generation. I recently bought a new car, which I'm very happy with (2012 Camry SE) and plan on staying away from car dealers for a long time, but if I happened to be in the market for a car again, I would take a serious look at the Accord.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,223,011 times
I didnt like them at first, but they have grown on me. I was able to get in and take a close look at a '13 EX-L model and I will say that the interior is much better and much higher quality than the 2012 model which was nothing but a bunch of hard plastics. The '13 model has a nicely padded interior, including the instrument panel. I dont like that you really cant tell the LX from an EX unless you look at the wheels... there is no "EX" or "LX" badging. I also dont like that you cant even get optional satellite radio on the LX or even the EX unless you opt for leather interior. Even Nissan offers satellite and even navigation on their mid-level models, as does Nissan Sentra. Honda needs to at least offer optional satellite radio on the LX and offer nav at least as an option on the cloth EX models. If they want a no options available model, then they need to offer the base DX again.

Below are some pics I took on a couple of different weekends...

They are $$$$$ though. This '13 Accord V6 Touring stickered for $36K at one of our local Honda dealers!

This EX-L V6 stickered for $34K

Here is an EX 4-cylinder.... I think it stickered around $27-28K.

Last edited by Tennesseestorm; 11-19-2012 at 10:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura