U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:23 PM

2,082 posts, read 3,566,018 times

Advertisements

Awesome SUV, very reliable we enjoy it!
I had my share of competitor SUVs (no Lexus) in the past and MDX is best, by far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,943,828 times
It is a good choice. We have the sister SUV, the Honda Pilot, and love it. I have had great experiences with Honda and Acura...

Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 AM

5,012 posts, read 5,896,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic78 View Post
With a toddler and a newborn, it would be a hassle to deal with keys, especially after 6 years of keyless use on our Lexuses.
You have a toddler and a 2yr old and your concern is having to deal with a key? LOL. How do u get into your home everyday without losing your mind since there is no "push open" button feature for that?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 AM

605 posts, read 1,825,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
They installed the key less option on my wife's key chain.
Can you tell me more about this? Your wife has a keyless option on her keychain that allows her to touch the door handles on the MDX to open it? She can also push a button on the car to start it without ever touching her keys?

Are you sure you aren't talking about a remote starter?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 AM

605 posts, read 1,825,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
You have a toddler and a 2yr old and your concern is having to deal with a key? LOL. How do u get into your home everyday without losing your mind since there is no "push open" button feature for that?
Wrangling young kids in a dangerous parking lot while shuffling keys is different than parking in my garage and getting my keys out. Do you have kids?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 2,491,199 times
Quote:
Can you tell me more about this? Your wife has a keyless option on her keychain that allows her to touch the door handles on the MDX to open it? She can also push a button on the car to start it without ever touching her keys?

Not sure if its true but I was told that Honda electrical is rather on the sensitive side and can result in parasite battery drains and etc more so than other automakers when aftermarket products are installed. If true, I wouldn't want to add anything other than factory installed options even if the above is available.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 AM

5,996 posts, read 13,790,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I love the self-righteous folks we have running around here telling everyone else what they should do or like. If you don't like push button and proximity based entry systems then buy an older car, put on a wide smile for getting your way and shut your trap. My car (due to trim selection) doesn't have push button start or proximity based doors but I'm not so ignorant as to not being able to see how it could benefit someone or at the very least allow them to decide without having me butt in. When you have a child in your hand along with whatever else you happen to be carrying back to your car there is real value in not having to dig for your keys in a jacket/pants/purse and simply being able to touch to unlock the doors to place your child in the car. Are proximity systems life altering devices? No, of course not. But I can see the convenience.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM

7,436 posts, read 7,982,694 times
Quote:
Your wife has a keyless option on her keychain that allows her to touch the door handles on the MDX to open it?
No!
What she has is a standard key less remote That allows her to push a button to open door locks.
You still have to pull the handle to open the door.
Quote:
She can also push a button on the car to start it without ever touching her keys?
NO!
The Remote start is on her keypad.
If you can start the car standing outside of it,why would you need to have a push button inside?

The remote looks like this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CompuSta...&skuId=4706732

Quote:
I am talking about a remote start on your keypad
So answer your question yes!

Looks like you're out of luck on the 2013

2013 Acura MDX at Antonino Acura - YouTube
No push to start ftl

Old 12-29-2012, 04:03 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,634,577 times
Although I just purchased a Tundra Double Cab SR5 (need it for towing, 10,600 lb towing capacity), I would only consider 2 SUV's. An Acura MDX or BMW X5. The X5 will be way, way pricey compared to the MDX but to me, the MDX is the next best thing. Having had a 2G RL before, the MDX is kind of like an RL in SUV form. My RL was an absolute AWD blast to drive and was supremely comfortable. From everything I've seen, so is the MDX.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM

1,820 posts, read 3,499,255 times
I cannot wait til the 2014 MDX is on the lots. I have been driving my 2007 MDX and have never had a problem with it EVER. Best car I have ever driven and I have driven Lincolns, Cadillacs, Lexus etc. I feel extremely safe in this car. A year ago a full grown deer tried to leap over my car and landed right on the front windsheild. Never touched the hood or anywhere it was painted. The windsheild caved inwithin inches of my face but did not break. It was terrifying and the insurance adjuster said that Acura uses the best glass for their windshelds and he can attest to that based on other accidents involving deer strikes and various cars. He said in a different car the deer would have been inside and I would have been badly injured so that is why I will purchase another MDX. I thought the redesign would occur in 2012 and I was holding out but it is 2014. Picture of my windshield included.
Attached Thumbnails
Acura MDX feedback-img_6499-small-.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura