U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:19 PM

5,011 posts, read 5,894,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
I have owned 4 or 5 CRV's as a second vehicle. One of the reasons I purchase them is that they are reliable and I can tow them flat behind my motorhome. Automatic trans and no special enhancements.

Presently own a 2010, I have had no problems with it, just regular maint.

Excellent vehicle you got there. Wish they were still offering this body style when I was shopping for a new cuv earlier this year. Ended up going with a 2012 Nissan Rogue SV. I would have taken the CRV had they not redesigned it for 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 07:57 PM

4,948 posts, read 16,477,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I love the pre 2007 CRV.

The Honda dealers in this area have super deals on the remaining 2012 CRVs now, which are much nicer than the 2013 CRVs.
I got one when they first did come out and now have the 2002 I kind of like the old design.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM

1,268 posts, read 3,022,979 times
I had a 2006 CRV-LX, just traded it for an Odyssey. The CRV is great but has a few drawbacks: the airconditioner is marginal, it is noisy inside, not good on long trips due to noise and vibration, cannot tow anything more than a very small trailer.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,927,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Bought an '03 Element new, and just traded it this year for an Odyssey for my wife. We loved the heck out of that thing. We took it all over the U.S. It was super easy to clean, had great cargo space when the seats were folded up or removed, got consistent decent gas mileage, was fun to drive, and we never had a single problem out of it (besides the suicide door latches needing to be tightened up last year). Put a ton of miles on it, and only traded it because we needed a bigger vehicle with the boys getting older. Still miss it from time to time, but I only drove it on road trips since it was my wifes. I would recommend it to anyone.

The only experience I have with a CRV is my sister's 04 straight shift. Seems like a good vehicle as well, and she's been driving it for a long time too. That is a tough decision, but I'm biased towards the Element.
This is us exactly...we have had our Element since 2004 and the wife loves it with the twins. It is excellent on the road and the durable interior with easily cleaned seats and floor has made it easy with the girls from birth to now. Fold up rear seats helps cleaning out all those Cherrio's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura