Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 07:44 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
What about the Civic Si? Isn't that sporty?
Meh, not really. It is marketed as a sportier than normal Civic, but it is nowhere near the average sporty compact in it's class anymore in power or handling dynamics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Find a used Porsche Boxster S. Better car and more power.
I did a three day fun drive in Napa some years ago and we had numerous vehicles including several Boxsters and an S2000. The S2000 was the last car I drove, and after having been in and out of the Boxters, Audi TT, M3, and a couple other similar cars, I nearly put the S2000 into a guard rail because of how poorly it handled relative to the others. The Boxsters were the best handling cars I've driven, OTOH. They seemed to rotate from the center rather than at the front wheels.

Old 05-13-2014, 07:52 AM

16,655 posts, read 17,422,433 times
I think that it was a great little sports car.

It needed revs with its lack of torque low down but I guess that was part of its appeal.

I think that it was a good balance of desirability and affordability.

What gets me is that it whereas 240 bhp was more than sufficient, Honda (if the reports above are to be believed) deem it necessary to have a 350 bhp engine for a possible replacement.

Why?

Up goes wear and tear and insurance (and probably your driving licence).

It's like a flipping arms race.

Bring back people like Colin Chapman.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:36 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Will never happen. It will be just like the CR-Z. They got us all excited that they were bringing back the hot hatchback and the stuck that crappy hybrid motor on it. Honda might come out with another roadster, but then they will take a steamy dump on it and give it the power of a Miata, just as Honda does with everything else.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:39 AM

Having said that, I would love for Honda to get back into the RWD roadster game and compete with the 370Z's, the Z4's, etc.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,944,880 times
I still have mine after buying it in '99. As a first model year it had numerous issues and now after much time and money resolving them I am hesitant to let it go. I tracked it a couple of years, did a little autocross, and generally used it as a toy car. It is still entertaining and we use it in town and take a few trip each year.

There are many more competent cars on the market today (most at a multiple in price), so I sure can't see Honda going out on a limb to try it again in this low volume segment.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:29 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
I still have mine after buying it in '99. As a first model year it had numerous issues and now after much time and money resolving them I am hesitant to let it go. I tracked it a couple of years, did a little autocross, and generally used it as a toy car. It is still entertaining and we use it in town and take a few trip each year.

There are many more competent cars on the market today (most at a multiple in price), so I sure can't see Honda going out on a limb to try it again in this low volume segment.
Did you ever do the ECU swap?
My brother in law swap in a ECU from a 03 into his 00 and said it was huge difference. Car was smoother on take off and though the gears.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:35 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I had a chance to buy a 2003 s2k back in 2009 but went with the 350z instead. Still kicking myself in the azz over that decision.
I had a chance to get one in 2011. It's my affordable dream car. I can't believe that I didn't pick it up. The only one in Michigan that I've seen for sale in yellow, which is the color I would want. I passed on it because I often had more than 1 passenger at a time.

It was sooooooo hard to say... "Screw the passengers! this is MY car!" I even got a good trade in offer on my car I had too. It was perfect.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:39 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I think that it was a great little sports car.

It needed revs with its lack of torque low down but I guess that was part of its appeal.

I think that it was a good balance of desirability and affordability.

What gets me is that it whereas 240 bhp was more than sufficient, Honda (if the reports above are to be believed) deem it necessary to have a 350 bhp engine for a possible replacement.

Why?

Up goes wear and tear and insurance (and probably your driving licence).

It's like a flipping arms race.

Bring back people like Colin Chapman.
Why? Because the original weighed 2800 lbs. The new one, due to all the new safety regs, likely won't be anywhere near that weight, especially if they are doing a hybrid. The toyaburu has 200bhp and 2800 lbs and every one says that it's down on power.

Also, because 'Murica!!! MOAR POWAAAAA!!!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnayyy View Post
Why? Because the original weighed 2800 lbs. The new one, due to all the new safety regs, likely won't be anywhere near that weight, especially if they are doing a hybrid. The toyaburu has 200bhp and 2800 lbs and every one says that it's down on power.

Also, because 'Murica!!! MOAR POWAAAAA!!!
haha. If it ain't a V8 getting 8mpg, it ain't Murican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura