U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 06:46 PM

26,291 posts, read 42,272,187 times

Advertisements

I have been watching for the new Odyssey to come out. I had signed up for notices from Honds on it and got an email yesterday that said it has been finally released. Just wondering if anyone has seen it or test drove it yet? We will soon be buying a minivan so I would like to get people's impressions. The other van we are considering is the Sienna. Wondering how it compares. I have long been a Honda fan because of its reliability but would consider changing to a Toyota for good reasons. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 10:58 PM

5,580 posts, read 3,925,156 times
I'm going to go test drive on on June 1. Not to buy, but to see how it drives and review it.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:44 AM

7,305 posts, read 23,479,437 times
I seen one being driven off of a delivery/car hauler truck on Sunday, 5/21/17 at our local Honda dealer here in Bristol TN.

On another note, I am a fan of both Honda and Toyota. I think the latest Sienna has been upgraded (higher quality interior materials) fairly well and worth a look. This latest 2018 Odyssey is supposed to be a rather vast improvement over the previous model, especially with interior material quality (the older Honda van seemed to have a lot of hard plastic), so it may be worth checking out both vans before making a decision. Honda (and Toyota) have made great strides in trying to get back that high quality interior feeling that they strayed away from for a few years.

Good luck!

Old 05-27-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
I'm going to go test drive on on June 1. Not to buy, but to see how it drives and review it.
I look forward to hearing your opinion. Thanks, Jay

Old 06-06-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
How did it go? Jay

Old 06-06-2017, 12:21 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,377,886 times
There are three of them at our local dealership.
An Elite (47,000+), a Touring (45,000+) and an EX-L with Nav and infotainment system (40,000+)
The outside design hasn't impressed me last generation or this one. That "lightning bolt" look at the C pillar is disgusting to some and pleasing to others. I fall in the first category. They've softened it some, but it still looks to me like one car hit another at speed and they welded together.

The dash looked tastefully done. The steering wheel appears a bit smaller than previous editions. I liked it.
Tires on all three were Bridgestone, seems like the older Tourings came with Michelins, but maybe not.

Seemed a bit pricy to me, but then again I haven't bought a van in years.

I didn't drive one.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:38 PM

203 posts, read 654,746 times
Yes, I have never cared for the Odyssey before but this one I love. We viewed it at the dealership. I started another thread above about how to negotiate a price for the Odyssey being it has just been released.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseWords View Post
Yes, I have never cared for the Odyssey before but this one I love. We viewed it at the dealership. I started another thread above about how to negotiate a price for the Odyssey being it has just been released.
Thanks. I will likely be going to look at them in the coming weeks with a purchase in a month or two. Would be interested in hearing why you love this one over past models. I will check out your new thread as well. Jay

Old 06-13-2018, 10:42 AM

2,014 posts, read 2,709,050 times
Not sure if any readers might be interested in feedback about the 2018 Honda Odyssey....

We have had Toyotas, Subarus, and Hondas. Our 1996 Honda Odyssey still handles beautifully--best braking, too. Nimble and crisp. While we really enjoy Subarus, models after 2010 or so haven't handled well, style and quality a bit underwhelming, etc. My husband and I don't want navigation/entertainment systems or high-end electronic gadgets. Driving, handling, and braking need to be excellent. Reliability, safety and excellent gas mileage are also very important.

We began looking at used camper vans to van camp for short trips around New England. Long story short, we realized the 2018 Honda Odyssey has improved every last thing that needed fixing in previous generations and we bought a 2018 Odyssey EX (no navigation, but it has the backup camera and other safety features). I needed to drive it on a long trip immediately after we bought it, and I was surprised and grateful at how quickly I adjusted to driving a new vehicle with so many new (to me) features. If anything in the new van could have annoyed me, it would have happened on this difficult trip, and nothing bothered me with the new van.

The 2018 Odyssey handles beautifully! The 9-speed transmission is incredibly smooth, powerful, and fuel efficient. It was loaded down with my daughter's stuff and it drove on the interstate and over the very hilly back roads of Vermont as if the household goods weighed nothing. (Our Outback H6 is fun and sturdy, but when it's loaded up it definitely handles and brakes differently.) The Odyssey seats are very comfortable, the second row seats are adjustable side to side as well as removable, and the third row folds flat. With the second seats removed, we can put down two Thermarest camp mattresses and sleep in the van with our dogs. The Odyssey gets better gas mileage than our Subarus.

Hope this helps van shoppers who might be considering a 2018 Honda Odyssey.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 AM

2,014 posts, read 2,709,050 times
This video about the 2018 Honda Odyssey from AutoAcademics (So Much Dang Stuff) made us take a good look at the 2018 Odyssey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV5SXYUTbjk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura