U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2018, 10:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,233,177 times

Advertisements

Now, provided, my car is almost at 100,000 miles and is probably due a major tune-up, but I've noticed that my Accord is starting to have some power issues. When I'm at a stop light, it seems like my car is struggling to get up to speed. You can feel a bit of hesitation, maybe a bit of shaking during take off, but once you get to a certain speed, you're fine. I just had it serviced about a month ago, transmission flush, oil change, brakes checked, etc... there wasn't a mention of anything else. I also know around 120k, you want to look into switching out the water pump, maybe timing belt, and plugs, so I'm almost at that point. I just don't know if this issue is coming from just needing that more extensive tune up to maybe some issue with the transmission? I've always wondered about the six-speed transmissions that have the dual "manual" mode. I've used the sport/manual mode some in the past, but generally drive it in the regular mode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 11:05 AM

9,611 posts, read 10,335,596 times
Is the fuel filter serviceable on the accord? Plugs are due at 120K and I've typically found they still look good even at that mileage unless you had something horribly wrong with the engine. Air filter condition?

Beyond that, i'd probably hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check pressure to see if the pump is having any troubles

We traded off our accord before we got up to that sort of mileage, so I never personally had to perform any major service items

Old 06-19-2018, 01:28 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,233,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Is the fuel filter serviceable on the accord? Plugs are due at 120K and I've typically found they still look good even at that mileage unless you had something horribly wrong with the engine. Air filter condition?

Beyond that, i'd probably hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check pressure to see if the pump is having any troubles

We traded off our accord before we got up to that sort of mileage, so I never personally had to perform any major service items
Air filter is in good shape. I replaced it a few months ago. I did have one issue three years ago with the engine. I think it might have been a vacuum switch or something like that. The car started choking down, bucking like a wild mule, and not going any faster than about 20mph. Had it towed back to the house. The part wasn't very expensive and once it was replaced, the car drove like it was brand new again. Have always tried to keep the oil changed and fluids flushed and replaced on a regular maintenance schedule. I'm wondering if it could be something with the fuel pump? Would it spit out any codes if I hooked a code reader up to the car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or