Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 01:26 AM

107 posts, read 612,065 times

Advertisements

ploopy, thanks for links and information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,637 times
umm the jetta will smoke the civic and accordes. my jetta 2.0 is over 200,000 miles and still smokes what ever i race. smokes rsx,civics,some gti's depending on turbs, basicly almost any car just depends on motor size and how much ponds of boost

Old 05-22-2010, 01:23 AM

I had to sell my Civic... Too small, too noisy and too cosmic inside for me.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 AM

404 posts, read 1,550,972 times
^ ah, well thats unfortunate. good little car, guess its just not for you. i myself am not found of that interior styling

the noise? as a compact car driver, i feel you there. although i think my car (Elantra) is reasonably quiet for its class, i would never describe it as a primarily "quiet car." this does not surprise me for a mainstream compact sedan, but it surprises me when i get inside an Altima or new Accord and find them just as....um....lacking in sound insulation. at least by way of road noise. smooth pavement, fine. rough pavement or asphalt, and it can be intrusive

i only paid $12,000 for my car used, though. had i bought a $22,000 car i would think 'wtf'

some say automakers need to save more weight these days to help meet the U.S.'s tough MPG standards. so, cheaper "eco" plastics and less sound insulation is being used to save that weight and help meet those standards. i mean, they could engineer a given car to be quieter, but we can also pay $20,000 more for it

Old 05-22-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopy View Post
... it surprises me when i get inside an Altima or new Accord and find them just as....um....lacking in sound insulation. at least by way of road noise. smooth pavement, fine. rough pavement or asphalt, and it can be intrusive...
Test drove them both and agree with you. I ended up with a German brand as it looks like most of Japanese are not concerned with insulation any more.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 PM

436 posts, read 905,545 times
Honda, VW are crap cars, don't waste you're money on a VW.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:16 AM

968 posts, read 2,617,040 times
well at least vw doesn't need additional sound proofing.

buy a vw, i'd say go for the new GTI because its very attractive in my opinion.

the jetta will do what you want it too. and we've seen with toyota that reliability ratings aren't always reliable.

i've had blue audi a3 (a GTI in an armani suit) for 2 years and has been nothing short of perfect, it beat the civic SI i tested in the "fun to drive" aspect, oh yeah and i beat an SI on the road this week, last week and the previous week. i love how SI owners think their car is bad a**, its so funny to see them lose to german superiority

Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,215,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
well at least vw doesn't need additional sound proofing.

buy a vw, i'd say go for the new GTI because its very attractive in my opinion.

the jetta will do what you want it too. and we've seen with toyota that reliability ratings aren't always reliable.

i've had blue audi a3 (a GTI in an armani suit) for 2 years and has been nothing short of perfect, it beat the civic SI i tested in the "fun to drive" aspect, oh yeah and i beat an SI on the road this week, last week and the previous week. i love how SI owners think their car is bad a**, its so funny to see them lose to german superiority
was that before or after you threw a bowl of chilli out the window to blind him?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
Honda, VW are crap cars, don't waste you're money on a VW.
It's not VW... I ended up with BMW 328.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura