Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:42 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
As for mom & pop vs. national companies, a lot of the nationals are actually mom & pops who bought a franchise because they like the franchiser's plan or business model.
I'm aware of that. But the point is those mom and pops answer to a higher authority so if they provide poor service, you have someone to complain to. If Mary and Joes' Pest control screws you over, you have no recourse since they answer to no one.

Either way, I'm not going to go with either one. I've read too many responses claiming DIY methods work better. I used to use a bug spray called Real Kill but you can't find that spray in stores any longer. They have individual cans but this was a pump spray and it worked wonders. They sold it at Home Depot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:05 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,930,791 times
I would not want these chemicals in my house.We have lived in Florida 20 years and have never needed pest control.No pests what so ever.rinse cans,careful on groceries,garbage can lined and clean,counters clean and so on.A little work goes a long way.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 AM

134 posts, read 514,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
I would not want these chemicals in my house.We have lived in Florida 20 years and have never needed pest control.No pests what so ever.rinse cans,careful on groceries,garbage can lined and clean,counters clean and so on.A little work goes a long way.
Good advice - even if it does not work at least should reduce the amount of pest.
In the OP's case, the pest were already happy camping or staying free in his house and it is an investment house.
Just wish it would work here. The first week we had our house we notice insects were congregating outside especially in the evening wanting to share the comfort of home, dinner and lights. And the first time we saw a scorpion with its funny walk/run in garage, with the family in mind, all sorts of alarm bells were triggered in my mind (must be all the B-rated movies that we were brought up with -must avoid watching them), the panic button came and it's pest control time. To be fair in this neck of the "wood" (desert), the insects were naturally here first(?) - so learn to live with nature as best as we can. Other well know pest I hear living here include but not limited to swamps of africanise bees, black widows, rattle snakes.
We have the pest tube inside the wall - so no spraying inside the house. But yes - if all possible avoid chemical - already too many chemicals in our lives.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,467 times
Lightbulb try this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm debating going with one of these companies. I don't have termites but spiders, ants and some cockroaches. This is a new investment property I purchased and the previous owners obviously failed to have any pest control whatsoever. Has anyone used these companies and can you attest to which one you would recommend?

try Home Team... they take very good care of their customers

Old 07-01-2013, 09:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,018 times
Default pest control

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm debating going with one of these companies. I don't have termites but spiders, ants and some cockroaches. This is a new investment property I purchased and the previous owners obviously failed to have any pest control whatsoever. Has anyone used these companies and can you attest to which one you would recommend?
Make sure whichever company you use they guarantee the extermination of pests. some companies just control the pests and if you call them to come other than the scheduled day its extra $$

Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 AM

3,177 posts, read 6,818,606 times
I use a local company and am happy with them. Their policy is no spraying inside, only outside. In the house, they use baits.

When we moved in last November, dealing with the bugs that had taken up residence was a bit unnerving. But, we were bug-free after the 2nd visit and have been ever since other than one palmetto bug that got in through an open door a few weeks ago. They come bi-monthly and spray outside, and refresh the bait inside. But the bait has been undisturbed for months so it's more of a monitoring situation now.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 969 times
I use Terminex for any Pest Control related services. They do a fantastic job taking care of our family apartments and never had any problems with them. Check them out: [url]www.terminex-pest.com[/url]

Old 11-09-2016, 12:01 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,633,292 times
We use Orkin. But the main issue we have with them is that they will usually not call to make sure someone is home. They just show up and leave a letter indicating that they have been there stuck in your door. A call the day before alerting your customers that you will be coming out would be helpful. This way it ensures someone will be there. It makes absolutely no sense to to not call and at least make sure someone is home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House