Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times

Advertisements

I don't know if any of you ever watch this show, but "The Schilling Job" was probably some of the best TV I have ever watched.

I died when he found his driver bit in his pocket...

The Schilling Job : Renovation Realities : DIY Network
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 12:42 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Absolutely love that show. Haven't caught that episode yet, but overall it's a well-done series. My favorite was the run they did of the three guys who bought the beach house in San Diego.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Absolutely love that show. Haven't caught that episode yet, but overall it's a well-done series. My favorite was the run they did of the three guys who bought the beach house in San Diego.
I haven't seen that episode but I'll put it on the list. My other favorite was the young guy who kept losing his measuring tape, breaking windows, p*ssing off the granite guys and had his poor wife holding the cabinet uppers on top of her head.

What a great show. I can't believe what people are willing to show to a cable network. I don't even want my wife anywhere near the house when I'm learning how to do something new.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:42 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I don't even want my wife anywhere near the house when I'm learning how to do something new.
Amen. It doesn't help that my wife's grandfather was a master carpenter, either. lol

Old 07-20-2010, 01:58 PM

44 posts, read 189,675 times
I watch the show often off the DVR. It always amazes me when the owners try to tackle a remodel when they obviously don't have any business holding a hammer or saw!!

I give lots of credit to the ppl who may not have done a remodel before, but at least try to do some research first. But the ones who are extremely unhandy and try to tackle the job just kill me.
The last one I saw, the wife talked the guy into doing the remodel. She kinda knew what she was doing, but he was clueless. They took down the sheet rock the night before. Well, their kid got sick overnight and she wasn't around the next day. The guy turned off the circuit, but was totally ignorant and couldn't decide if it was ok to cut electrical wires to move an outlet. She came home, grabbed the wire cutters , clipped the lines as needed and rewired the outlet. The whole time he was asking "are you sure it's ok to cut the wires?"

another guy: "Lets use this power saw to cut through this known natural gas line and I cant find the shutoff!!" at least the wife was smart enough try to talk him out of it and then to leave the house when he just couldn't resist cutting it. I give props to the camera guy for having the @#$ to stand there and film it though! at least it turned out well and the line was already shut off.

One of my favorite moments was when a couple was renovating a bathroom. It was on a concrete slab and they had to secure a wall. The husband loads and hands her the gunpowder nail gun and he says "this is gonna be REAL loud" as she obviously has no idea of what is about to occur. Well she pulls the trigger and BANG!! I almost died laughing.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teald024 View Post
another guy: "Lets use this power saw to cut through this known natural gas line and I cant find the shutoff!!" at least the wife was smart enough try to talk him out of it and then to leave the house when he just couldn't resist cutting it. I give props to the camera guy for having the @#$ to stand there and film it though! at least it turned out well and the line was already shut off.
That's the one I'm talking about when I say "my other favorite".

His best moment: Video: The Hinson Project

Skip to about 12:48
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House