Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times

Advertisements

We have a use lots of different ladders. In general I like aluminum best. It is lighter, does not crack or burn. When you run them over with a car, you can usually just bend them back into shape. They are usually cheaper too I think. Mosly I get whichever quality ladder I can find at an auction or on sale. I would love to get a little gian some day. Had the cheap knock off Home depot sells - gave it to my brother.

Watch the weight. Many ladders are rated for 250 pounds. I weigh over 200, thus I have to be careful what I carry up the ladder with me. A 5 gallon bucket of pain or tar and I am over the weight limit. Things like power washing put a load ont he ladder from the force of the sprayer that is akin to adding weight. I have had problems with cheap ladders and never use anything rated for less than 350 anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 07:58 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,045,317 times
I guess nobody noticed that this thread was started two years ago?
It was revived by this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyahm22 View Post
Recently i bought these ladders .. And they are really strong.
It fell by mistakenly but there wasn't even a single scratch or damage on the ladder..
And more about it .. They so so light weighted.
Can we use these ladders in swimming pool too?
Swimming pool chemicals probably won't be very receptive to aluminum- over a long period of time. Fiberglass might be OK- but neither one is designed for "wet" applications.

In case you didn't know they actually make ladders specifically for pools- don't be cheap and foolish by improvising.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 PM

2,957 posts, read 5,903,707 times
I have a folding aluminum one and it's great. I do agree that it is a bit shaky, but that's because of the lightweightness of it.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:32 AM

252 posts, read 580,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenoid View Post
Do not forget the top of the step ladder IS NOT a step Never stand on it It may not support you but you will definately be too close to falling... If you can't reach from the next to last step get a taller ladder or a taller person...
Thank you for your valuable information

Old 08-06-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
I guess nobody noticed that this thread was started two years ago?
It was revived by this post:

Swimming pool chemicals probably won't be very receptive to aluminum- over a long period of time. Fiberglass might be OK- but neither one is designed for "wet" applications.

In case you didn't know they actually make ladders specifically for pools- don't be cheap and foolish by improvising.
Thank you.. But i had read somewhere that the ladders they use for swimming pool are made from fiberglass

Old 08-10-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyguy View Post

Fiberglass doesn't conduct electricity however as with, say, boats I would imagine the fiberglass "decays" over time due to UV.
Yes .. When exposed to too much heat . it develops to grow weak. So it is favorable to keep it in a shade or a cool place.
These ladders should be checked while using. If these are any cracks then don't use those ladders as they can get bend...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House