Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:11 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,279,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
no, no meter that i noticed, but i wouldnt have known what i was looking for...
but there was also no pad, or barespot where a propane tank would have been and no areas that had been dug to remove a burried tank

so a quick update...

contacted hud who put me through to the asset maneger for the property...
was told very clearly that since it is NOT listed as missing on the PCR report and because the property is listed as INSURED with a $0.00 repair excrow that if there is a problem with the well HUD is responsible for either fixing the problem completly, or putting the whole or a majority porton of the cost to fix the problem into an escrow acct for me to have it fixed...

so this sounds liek a good thing for the potential to move forward with this...

he also said that while the property is sold as is...i can back out at any time for reasons of health hazard if hud puts up a fight and wont loose my earnest money because again this problem was not caught by the initial propery assesment, is a health hazard, and was not put in as a condition on the fha report...

so either someone screwed up along the way, or someone stole the pump after the intila assesment, but either way, Hud will pay most if not all the cost to fix it due to the property being listed as insured...

took alot of phone calls...but i do feel a little better lol
OK....

When the pump and tank is put in, run the water at least 24 hours without turning it off.

Then with a 5 gallon bucket and a watch check the gpm. (do not turn the water off until the test is finished)

If you don't get at least 15 gallons per minute, have them drill a new well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 03:21 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,818,626 times
don, you sound almost as paranoid as i am...
im not a big fan of working with the govt...
but this property almost literally spoke to me :P

and absolutly, i will be getting eveyrhting in writing before i sign any closing papers!

Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
don, you sound almost as paranoid as i am...
im not a big fan of working with the govt...
but this property almost literally spoke to me :P

and absolutly, i will be getting eveyrhting in writing before i sign any closing papers!
The thing is with the water well, it can be patched just until the ink drys.

Have a driller check it out.

I have three wells on the books now that HUD said were fine.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:28 PM

5,697 posts, read 19,109,892 times
The owners or someone else might have come back and stole it.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 PM

thats what im thinking falling water, seems an odd thing to steal realy given what im told is the average lifespan of a normal well pump (unless they replaced it before the house forclosed and didnt want to leave a new unit)

but because its not on the PCR aparently for all essential purposes its huds responsibility to make sure thigns like that dont happen (securing crawlspaces, adding padlocks ect...) least thats what the asset manager told me lol

Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
thats what im thinking falling water, seems an odd thing to steal realy given what im told is the average lifespan of a normal well pump (unless they replaced it before the house forclosed and didnt want to leave a new unit)

but because its not on the PCR aparently for all essential purposes its huds responsibility to make sure thigns like that dont happen (securing crawlspaces, adding padlocks ect...) least thats what the asset manager told me lol
Maybe....

However, that style of pump is about worthless.

We toss them away when we replace wells.

Most pumps are submersible now.

Old 05-14-2011, 06:52 AM

what pump would have to go on there, im guessing a jet pump?! ive been doing some reading, but quite honestly unless its animals of plants info doesnt seem to "click" in my head most of the time.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
what pump would have to go on there, im guessing a jet pump?! ive been doing some reading, but quite honestly unless its animals of plants info doesnt seem to "click" in my head most of the time.
Yes, a jet pump.

I just never trust wells that has set idle.

Here is some "homework" for ya...lol...

www.wellowner.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House