Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:26 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,858,669 times

Advertisements

i thought this concrete block structure would be the well house...

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k487/PinkFoxFarm/Lutts%20House/100_5271.jpg (broken link)

and when i looked inside

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k487/PinkFoxFarm/Lutts%20House/100_5490.jpg (broken link)

obivously something is missing here, those pipes surely should attatch to something...but what...
and what would be attatched to it that doesnt attatch to anything else, theres nothing on the house that anything could be attatched too...
nothing comming from under the house anything could attatch to...

im absolutly clueless when it comes to wells but thats what i thought it might be...
but the only well houses ive seen have roofs...rather than just being open...

the house is also septic, and gas (im assuming natural because theres no propane tank) lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 06:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
I think it IS an old well house.

Either a new well has been drilled or, city water has been hooked up, IMO.

How is you water supplied??

Old 05-13-2011, 06:45 AM

BTW, if this is an old well it needs to be abandoned.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:53 AM

the house is on well water, but ive no idea if this is the well supplying the house. a well inspection is part of the conditions...

according to the fha inspecton while nothing is turned on everything is holding pressure inside the house...FHA has a $0 repair excrow on it...

but having a new well drilled is not going to happen and the bank wont approve the loan without a working well... the house is 20 yrs old. its a HUD home and was lived in untill february of this year

and why would you automatically abandon it without having it tested?

as i said, im clueless about wells lol, just tryign to better understand some of the more technical aspects.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
the house is on well water, but ive no idea if this is the well supplying the house. a well inspection is part of the conditions...

according to the fha inspecton while nothing is turned on everything is holding pressure inside the house...
but having a new well drilled is not going to happen. the house is 20 yrs old.
That is not the well being used.

Have a driller take a look.

The age of the house makes no difference.

FHA inspectors are NOT drillers.

Also, check for records at your local health department.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post

according to the fha inspecton while nothing is turned on everything is holding pressure inside the house...FHA has a $0 repair excrow on it...

but having a new well drilled is not going to happen and the bank wont approve the loan without a working well... the house is 20 yrs old. its a HUD home and was lived in untill february of this year

and why would you automatically abandon it without having it tested?

as i said, im clueless about wells lol, just tryign to better understand some of the more technical aspects.
Wells not in use need to be abandoned.

It is code.

We drill many wells each year where HUD has said they were good.

Check with a driller.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:04 AM

Can you post pictures from all around the house???

Maybe I can see the well.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 AM

well i do know that nothing is currently working inside the house (no water, no electric) and when we took a look around the house (i walked the entire 2 1/2 acres there were no other well houses, but i dont know if they do wells a different way now...

so does that mean that if that is the well that was supplying the house up untill it was forclosed it would have to be abandoned and a new one drilled no matter what?

its tough because im trying to do this long distance, ive been to the house in person but im in ct and its in tn, so its not like i can just call a driller and say "do this" i dont own the house, HUD does not to mention the county the house is in isnt exactly "technologiclaly advanced" lol...noone advertises on the interwebs around there lol...
...so im trying to get a better idea of what the well inspector is going to say since hud isnt going to fix anything...

as i say, workng on getting the well and septic inspected, and a water test, home inspection will also come...but if i know for sure "theres no working well and a new one will HAVE to be dug" then i know not to move forward because drilling a new well isnt in the budget...
i can repair some light wood rot, i can replace the windows myself (i have and do) i can do pretyt muhc anythign thats not electircal or severly structural myself thanks to many years of working on older homes...
but the cost involved with drilling a new well or putting in a brand new septic...that i cant take on...

Login to a private Photobucket.com album
(link to the album) thats most of the photos i have on hand, the others are on another computer and not yet on photobucket, but dont show much other than what you see here...

Old 05-13-2011, 07:36 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,125 times
I believe that someone took the pump and tank.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
I believe that someone took the pump and tank.
Yep...we just do not know when and why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House