Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:26 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,296,788 times

Advertisements

Perfect examples of why its sometimes better to just call a professional that knows what they are doing. Things are just not as simple as they may appear. Not every job is DYI!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 08:03 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Some of us have to try everything before resorting to pros due to finances.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:10 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
Perfect examples of why its sometimes better to just call a professional that knows what they are doing. Things are just not as simple as they may appear. Not every job is DYI!

NO WAY, I love doing stuff for myself.

What else can I do to build up so much frustration and anger...that I want to go out and start HUNTING things????????????

Old 09-13-2014, 09:26 PM

621 posts, read 1,123,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
Yup, in this case, drain backups quite often the result of a clogged air filter or return duct deficiencies. All the vacuuming or purging in the world won't solve an air side issue.

An annual HVAC maintenance is cheaper than new sheetrock and paint. It's a 3 y/o thread so hopefully the OP won't need to read it but someone else who comes along will benefit.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:26 AM
QIS

920 posts, read 5,147,397 times
If the drain is all clear for sure, then you have to assess the proper pitch of the drain lines and the pan. The sensors themselves typically have stops to prevent being placed too far down into the pan etc..

Old 09-14-2014, 11:28 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times
Default sump pump

I thought I was the only one with a problem like this. Thirty-five year old house on a cement slab with a plastic pipe running from the a/c unit to the outside under the slab and a few years ago it started getting clogged up and wouldn’t allow the condensation to discharge outside. I used the vacuum to suck the line clear however this was needed several times a year during the more humid months. When I had the new a/c unit installed I also had the HVAC installer put a small sump pump inline to help blow the water out and keep the line clear. It works well, and for a couple of years now I’ve never had a problem with discharging the water. Sump pump was my answer to an ongoing and repeated problem. I can’t always be around at the right time to clear the line with the vacuum and I want the a/c unit to continue to work cooling the air inside.

Sump pump - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House