U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 08:37 AM

527 posts, read 2,098,967 times

Advertisements

I checked out those Air Beds or Air Sofas which essentially can be used either as a sofa for 2 people or a full fledged bed.
It is usually available anything between 45$-85$.
I need to know if these things are any good for general day to day use ?

PS: Not sure why in the title Air was replaced with ***, probably because of repetition of word ? If yes then i request mods to change the thread title to "Are those Air Sofa/Beds any good ?"
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 08:41 AM

45,522 posts, read 56,817,209 times
I think you would just be throwing your money away. A decent air mattress is at $100-$200. and even those sometimes get leaks.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,549,384 times
I don't know anything about the air sofa/beds, but I can tell you about the $150 regular-sized blow up beds. We're trying to sell our house in another state and haven't moved our furniture to the new state (so that hopefully people wouldn't realize we didn't live there). Anyway, since May my husband has been sleeping on a twin blow up and I've been sleeping on a full blow up. I can't sleep with him on the bed because it's too firm and hurts my back AND because when one person moves, both people move. It's terrible sleeping 2 on a blow-up (my opinion). The full blow up is a few years old and has been used in a previous move, but at this point, I have to blow it up right before bed and I'm still sinking in the a.m.

My opinion is that blow ups are great for the occasional visitor or camping trip, but I would never, ever again want to sit or sleep on one on a daily basis. That's my two cents.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:07 AM

687 posts, read 919,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint View Post
I don't know anything about the air sofa/beds, but I can tell you about the $150 regular-sized blow up beds. We're trying to sell our house in another state and haven't moved our furniture to the new state (so that hopefully people wouldn't realize we didn't live there). Anyway, since May my husband has been sleeping on a twin blow up and I've been sleeping on a full blow up. I can't sleep with him on the bed because it's too firm and hurts my back AND because when one person moves, both people move. It's terrible sleeping 2 on a blow-up (my opinion). The full blow up is a few years old and has been used in a previous move, but at this point, I have to blow it up right before bed and I'm still sinking in the a.m.

My opinion is that blow ups are great for the occasional visitor or camping trip, but I would never, ever again want to sit or sleep on one on a daily basis. That's my two cents.
^^^agree....they are horrible! Don't waste your money.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 AM

15,634 posts, read 23,028,384 times
I guess I'm in the minority. I slept on a blowup mattress while my house as being remodeled six years ago. I guess I used it for 3-4 months and I really liked it. I slept well on it and it never had any leaks. Maybe it would have been different if there had been two people on it but, for myself, it was great.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM

8,569 posts, read 17,165,713 times
We have slept on an air mattress for short periods of time and they are fine. It is better when it's only one person, so I would recommend getting two, instead of one larger size. Some of the more expensive ones come with a motor that stays attached and adjusts the air pressure even while you are sleeping.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 AM

3,381 posts, read 8,713,037 times
Had a double tall full sze air mattress that had memory foam built into it from Wally World. It has finally sprung a leak but has been used for over 100 nights over 3 years. I was impressed with the comfort and it's durability. I will be buying another as it is the best air mattress I have ever had.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 AM

178 posts, read 521,025 times
I have 2 Coleman camping airbeds purchased about 8 years ago, probably at Walmart, along with an air pump that works off a standard outlet or a car's cigarette lighter.

The trick is NOT to purchase one large bed for 2 people, but to buy two twin beds and put them together. My oversized queen bed sheets fit over both nicely. It's like having a Sleep Number bed: each person can adjust their bed to their own comfort level, and if one person is restless the other person's bed is not affected.

I've used the air beds many times when moving or when giving up my real bed to older guests, and find them extremely comfortable. You don't even need to add air very often. Just don't overfill them and they'll last a long time.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:48 AM

14,785 posts, read 22,509,457 times
They are a piece of junk dont waist your money . Please look for another option , we just took one back after a week of sleeping on it , it started to bulge out .

Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 AM

45,522 posts, read 56,817,209 times
That sounds like what I bought...Coleman, two twins that can be stacked on top of each other or used separately or together as a king.
We just got it for overflow grandkids to sleep on...beats the floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House