Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:39 PM

24 posts, read 82,746 times

Advertisements

KewGee ,I totally agree with u about the maid could never do as well as we would want them to.I would never consider having a maid .I work full time and so does my husband and we have 3 kids still raising 2 and I make sure i clean my home and its spotless trust me. kim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 09:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I have a "maid" (housekeeper) - I did "audition" quite a few before finding one that satisfied me on the way of cleaning - the details.

BTW, and it was for fun, one of the "maids" cleaned my home dressed as a "French Maid" - the cleaning job was not that great but ........

Old 09-16-2007, 10:00 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,167,194 times
I'd love to get a cleaning person, but am always hesitant. I never know when I should have them clean and if I should be home or not, or what. Plus, I feel I have to clean my home enough just to have them come in.

By the way, how much are you guys paying and how many visits a month?

Old 09-16-2007, 11:05 PM

3,294 posts, read 9,188,072 times
I had a housekeeper in MI that I wanted to bring her with me when I moved. I hated to let her go. She was a very good friend as well as my housekeeper. Her daughter was also my kitty sitter. I found her thru a referral. She came in every other week.

Here, I also had one but had to let her go...carrying two mortgages is staining the budget. Besides, I just wasn't happy with her. She was nice enough but she wasn't cleaning like I wanted. And this was a good way to let her go. I'll find another when we can afford one again but for now, it's just me and my husband doing it...he does a GOOD job of vacuuming. Liz

Old 09-18-2007, 12:09 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
For those of you who have maids, do you trust your cleaning person? Have you ever had a reason not to? Did you ask for references when you hired them?

For those of you who don't have maids, would trust be something to consider when you were decided which person or company to hire? What other factors would you consider besides experience and price?

I'm just curious because I have several friends who have maids. Only one has had a problem with theft.
I used one in DC. It was a referral from a close family friend. I trusted them and even gave them a house key. The mother/daughter came once a week and I was paying $100/week.

Never lost anything like jewelry or cash that was in plain sight.

I consider how thorough they are in cleaning and flexibility in cleaning one area more than another (ie cleaning the basement/basement bedroom when guests are coming).

I miss them. Right now we are winging it and don't have someone to clean up.....

If I get a pet, I am sure that the cost will be more....

Old 09-25-2007, 12:26 PM

18 posts, read 64,052 times
Default Maid service

I am a British lady moved to the US a year ago and living in Fort Mill South Carolina, I am currently looking at starting my own business in the home cleaning industry mainly because I am fanatical about cleaning, my home is spotless my husband thinks I have a cleaning disorder and often says that my house is cleaner than Buckingham palace lol, (that is where the queen of England resides in case anyone dosen't know) I am wondering if my services would be sought after and if I could make a good living working for myself, what is the demand in Fort Mill area anyone know?

Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM

52 posts, read 244,888 times
I am thinking of using a cleaning service for the first time. Getting the home ready to sell and I just can't get it clean enough. Has anyone used The Maids?

I was considering Molly Maids but saw the earlier post which puts me off.....

Old 09-27-2007, 04:27 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,680,321 times
Growing up, my parents always used services, so when I got roommates, we always had housekeeping services keep the places looking some-what decent. I mean, think about a bunch of teenage and early 20something single guys sharing a house. If we didn't have the service, I'm sure we could have fumigated the entire neighborhood with our stench. She was great.

Now, though, I pick up after myself most. I'm by myself and so don't make much of a mess. If we needed a housekeeping service, I'd probably interview at least a dozen from referrals before selection one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House