Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 04:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times

Advertisements

I am wondering, and praying someone has an answer. Are there any known ways to get surface scratches and light swirl marks out of black appliances mainly a Huge french door Samsung Refrigerator.

Really need the help.

Does anyone know of a product or products that can work.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:16 PM

8,543 posts, read 14,022,910 times
This stuff works pretty well on automotive paint:

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotiv...cratchxreg-20/

I would suggest trying it out first in a small hard to see spot first to make sure it works without causing any negative side affects.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 AM

12 posts, read 177,138 times
i have never face such problem. i am looking forward for more answers.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,872 times
Yes please we need answers on how to get small swirl marks from fridges and smears marks. We purchased a home with all black appliances and a stainless sink and dark cabinets. Love the color but not the work.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am wondering, and praying someone has an answer. Are there any known ways to get surface scratches and light swirl marks out of black appliances mainly a Huge french door Samsung Refrigerator.

Really need the help.

Does anyone know of a product or products that can work.

Thanks
I imagine this is an old thread but I was stressing out and OCD'ing about the same thing. So much I had to take extra anxiety medicine. We purchased a new home with black fridge, microwave, oven, you name it. I loved it before actually purchased it. OMG the fingerprints be we go away. I use my knuckles to open the microwave because I don't want ugly marks all over. I had the same problem, oily smear marks,swirls that looked like scratches. It was so horrible my husband and I got into an argument about me over cleaning every little mark. Anyways day and days later of googling how to remove smear marks from shimmy black refrigerators I came across a few things. Marquees automotive scratch cream is supposed to work pretty good. I didn't have any so I thought I would try the pledge I had. BINGO!!! That actually worked, don't go back and forth or circles, go up and down with your rag. And at my house of course the 3 big living room Windows shine the sunlight on the fridge so you have to make sure it's clean always. Thank goodness I don't have kids or small children.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:11 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,210,835 times
I recommend not sweating too much over a slightly dirty fridge, but that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House