U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM

487 posts, read 337,777 times
Default Making a bed with printed sheets

I would like some feedback on how to make up a bed using shets that have printed design. I have been making up my bed (as do others in my family) putting the printed sides together so that when you fold back the top sheet over the blanket when you are in bed you are looking at the pretty side. I have not met anyone else who makes a bed this way. They all put bottom sheet on with printed side up of course, then put the top sheet on face up too. That means when you get into the bed and fold the sheet back over the blanket you are looking at the ugly side. My daugher in law who stayed in soriety house said all the girls did their beds that way. My son says that the magazines show the beds make with right sides together so the picture looks nice. Am I coo-coo? I beleive Ann Landers and other "authorities" on matters of all kinds say I am making the bed correctly. Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM

10,635 posts, read 12,084,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
I have been making up my bed (as do others in my family) putting the printed sides together so that when you fold back the top sheet over the blanket when you are in bed you are looking at the pretty side.
That's how our family does it also.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:34 PM

672 posts, read 942,706 times
Quote:
... I have been making up my bed (as do others in my family) putting the printed sides together so that when you fold back the top sheet over the blanket when you are in bed you are looking at the pretty side. I have not met anyone else who makes a bed this way...
I do this too but only started about 10 years ago.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:36 PM

4,245 posts, read 8,037,447 times
I have 3 sisters who make beds the way you do. I don't. I put the printed side up on both the fitted and top sheet. I guess my mom taught us differently or my sisters liked the other look better.

With the sheets I use on my bed right now, it's hard to see a difference.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:41 PM

3,527 posts, read 5,400,591 times
Quote:
I would like some feedback on how to make up a bed using shets that have printed design. I have been making up my bed (as do others in my family) putting the printed sides together so that when you fold back the top sheet over the blanket when you are in bed you are looking at the pretty side. I have not met anyone else who makes a bed this way. They all put bottom sheet on with printed side up of course, then put the top sheet on face up too. That means when you get into the bed and fold the sheet back over the blanket you are looking at the ugly side. My daugher in law who stayed in soriety house said all the girls did their beds that way. My son says that the magazines show the beds make with right sides together so the picture looks nice. Am I coo-coo? I beleive Ann Landers and other "authorities" on matters of all kinds say I am making the bed correctly. Just curious.
This is the way we always did it in our family when I was growing up. I've continued doing it this way in my adult life too

Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM

20,500 posts, read 21,036,220 times
Of course printed side up! did anyone questioned that?

When you fold back the top sheet over the blanket, you fold back almost to the half of the bed, and then fold back. That way you see the pretty printed side up.

Last edited by elnina; 04-16-2012 at 02:14 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM

15,820 posts, read 29,792,474 times
Flatten out the sheets and pillows and throw a comforter over the whole thing. DONE. No one can see the sheets so who cares? All that tucking and flipping and folding is such an ittirating process. A comforter will "make" the bed in about 5 seconds after you get up.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM

4,281 posts, read 4,612,581 times
When I first read he post, my initial reaction was who cares. Then I asked my wife. She says printed side up on both sheet so when/if the top sheet is folded over the blanket/whatever the unprinted side will be up.

I disagree with her.

Off to check our sheets.

Now the real sheet question. Who sleeps on the wet spot........LOL

Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM

11,336 posts, read 25,061,985 times
Rabbit track side down...

Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM

41,358 posts, read 45,359,696 times
Printed side down for the top sheet so the print shows when the sheet is folded down over the covers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House