Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
If it were a "make it, or break it" situation- possibly.
But if you had read the other posts by the OP you would have noticed that the W/H is in the master bathroom- It's not an issue.

I've known several RE agents that COULD be really good agents if they could keep their mouth shut about construction; especially related to code.
Doesn't matter where it is, I was just letting people know that it is the seller that has to fix what what is wrong with house that they are selling and not the buyers. If you were buying a house and were told that you need to pay for a new $10,000.00 roof would you do it? No you wouldn't, you'd make the seller pay for the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
If you were buying a house and were told that you need to pay for a new $10,000.00 roof would you do it? No you wouldn't, you'd make the seller pay for the roof.

Right!
I'm going to "make a seller" pay for the roof.
At best, I'd make a seller pay for the roof- more than likely I'd get an offer rejection. Meaning no counter-offer.
And if the the inspection says $10k roof- luck would have it that the seller would cheap out and put a $6k roof on!
And why?- because he's selling. It won't be his headache.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM

134 posts, read 548,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Doesn't matter where it is, I was just letting people know that it is the seller that has to fix what what is wrong with house that they are selling and not the buyers. If you were buying a house and were told that you need to pay for a new $10,000.00 roof would you do it? No you wouldn't, you'd make the seller pay for the roof.

its a foreclosure and don't know about where you are from but banks definately don't do minor repairs and usually NO REPAIRS on foreclosures.

and whoever said they have theirs on ground on garage is lucky because that is definately a violation of code in most cases.

codes state ignition needs to be at least 18 inches off ground. most water heaters this would require them to be off ground.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,035,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unteagle View Post

and whoever said they have theirs on ground on garage is lucky because that is definately a violation of code in most cases.
"in most cases"- that would be correct. Unless it's the new FVIR type heater-
"Flammable-Vapor-Ignition-Resistant".
FVIR heaters do not require the 18"AFF unless required by local code. That for the idiot code people that don't believe in technology.

They are in their infancy; have a few bugs to work out, and need the price to become more moderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House