Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:23 AM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times

Advertisements

The boric acid should not interact with the other stuff I have going on, right?

Correct.

If you are finding dead ones already, he used some more potent stuff. I totally agree with him on NOT mopping up the stuff he just put down and giving it a chance to work. Just use the boric acid at heat and moisture sources for now. His estimate of three months is also totally in line, so it sounds like you got someone who knows his craft.

Happy to share the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 12:15 AM

1 posts, read 16,160 times
Dry ice

The best & cheapest method to rid ourselves of these pests is dry ice.

It's carbon dioxide! It kills by removing oxygen from the area. Dry ice kills everything that requires oxygen to live. THINK about it.

Use with extreme caution...'cause you and yourn need oxygen too.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:39 AM

766 posts, read 1,394,353 times
PROVEN COMBO FOR ME.... I've owned up to 2 dogs and 2cats at the same time! (fleas/ticks) Plus... I worked a job, that those nasty german roaches were a constant threat of bringing home! My previous job also had me soooooooo worried about bed bugs. EGADS! Add the nuisance ants, spiders, centipedes, etc......

1st... I used the Vet approved oral flea/tick treatments for the dogs/cats.

2nd... Dr. Adams Flea/Tick CARPET SPRAY! Its an aerosol can. Can be purchased @ Walmart in the Dog/Cat Flea section. $10/can. Not only do I spray down the entire carpets, I also spray the bed mattress, fabric furniture, etc.

3rd... Spectricide Once and Done! It's a granule (black and green bag). Rather pricey in a large heavy bag. I've always had a doggie door, that leads to a small fenced in area for the dogs potty. Spread the granules in the fenced in area AND spread the granules about 1 ft from the foundation of the home, as a barrier.

Works like a charm! Many yrs ago, our region got hit with a Brown Recluse spider epidemic. The ER was getting swarmed with patients, because of those creepy crawly critters. Once I discovered this combo.... no more problems for my pets, or the house!

Old 05-27-2015, 12:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Chiggers. I have a hard time with chiggers out here in Texas in the summer.
One home remedy that has worked for me.

Put a bit of clear nail polish on the chigger bite bump. You must do this before your scratching has broken the skin.
It stops the itching for me. And the itching is what you want to prevent.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:47 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
Default Bee invasion !

Noticed just this morning many many many bees around our roof peak, swarming.we sprayed a wasp spray, they ignored it(it's all I had in the house) I believe they are Honey Bees, and I know of their importance, but I also know the damage and expense to get rid of them from a house.
Since we never noticed them before, maybe we can get them out in time. can you please suggest a solution, hopefully we can stop this before the hive is too large and the honey is flowing.
Thank you very much for any help.

Old 07-03-2015, 11:27 PM

23,590 posts, read 70,367,145 times
Sometimes a local beekeeper will come and retrieve a hive. You have to cut them slack on ripping off fascia and siding and do the repair on your own. We had a neighbor in Florida who had bees and kept doing an incomplete job of trying to remove them. Within a few weeks, there were as many as before. If you don't get all the comb and honey they'll be back - or grow back or get recolonized .

Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 AM

Thank you Harry, I did check on that,unfortunately,there are not many Bee Keepers who do this any more. And, there seems to be more hives then Keepers.
We woke up today to see they are still there, so the bees were not just a "scout" group, but they plan to stay.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:37 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Thank you Harry, I did check on that,unfortunately,there are not many Bee Keepers who do this any more. And, there seems to be more hives then Keepers.
We woke up today to see they are still there, so the bees were not just a "scout" group, but they plan to stay.
Call your county extension office to see if they can be of some help or know of somebody to help you. Try to locate a 4-H or college entomology team maybe they would be interested in helping. Have any Amish in your area they would gladly take them to their farms for the honey.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:54 AM

Thank you Jax.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:57 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Thank you Jax.
Good luck hope you find some help we need those honey bees to be able to survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House