Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM

9 posts, read 11,878 times

Advertisements

It was a mistake purchase for sure.

There is a class action suit against Electrolux out of NJ.
It is plastered all over the internet, product reviews etc. Stating problems with damage to property because of the Ice makers in these models including Fridgidaire with the same same Ice makers.
There have since been changes to a completely new design. Not being able to retrofit to these 2 year old models.
I too have had ice makers 20 years ago and not had any problems.

There is a known design problem causing failure in these Ice Makers and the company is just denying and doing nothing about it. NO RECALL. They aparently don't care about their reputation. I want to hear if others had similar problems and what was done about it.

Of course I know Corporate is in Charlotte and all Consumer problems are handled out of Augusta, Ga.
AND, yes they are polite, so what? They are trained and instructed to be polite and covering their asses.

As far as criticisms of why spend $3k for a refrigerator, why would someone spend $130k for a car that will take you from a to b just as well as a car that costs $18K ?

You people sound like a bunch of lawyers for the company.
Not looking for criticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 09:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN2 View Post
It was a mistake purchase for sure.

There is a class action suit against Electrolux out of NJ.
It is plastered all over the internet, product reviews etc. Stating problems with damage to property because of the Ice makers in these models including Fridgidaire with the same same Ice makers.
There have since been changes to a completely new design. Not being able to retrofit to these 2 year old models.
I too have had ice makers 20 years ago and not had any problems.

There is a known design problem causing failure in these Ice Makers and the company is just denying and doing nothing about it. NO RECALL. They aparently don't care about their reputation. I want to hear if others had similar problems and what was done about it.

Of course I know Corporate is in Charlotte and all Consumer problems are handled out of Augusta, Ga.
AND, yes they are polite, so what? They are trained and instructed to be polite and covering their asses.

As far as criticisms of why spend $3k for a refrigerator, why would someone spend $130k for a car that will take you from a to b just as well as a car that costs $18K ?

You people sound like a bunch of lawyers for the company.
Not looking for criticism.
So what are you looking for? I gave you links to recalls. Have you complained to the polite folks out of Augusta, Georgia? Won't anyone repair your fridge?

I have been to hell and back with appliances and just found out yet another one of my appliances has been recalled. It sucks but it happens and I dread dealing with it, but . . . it is what it is. And none of them are Electrolux and they are all top of the line, "prestige" products. Quality sucks cause most of these items (and/or their parts) are made in Mexico and China.

Other than coming on here to complain about your icemaker, what do you want from folks here? This is the Charlotte forum - maybe you should have your thread moved to a different forum - like House - where you will get greater exposure on an appliance repair issue.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 AM

Whoa! Lighten up.
There is no recall on it and numerous complains to Georgia.

Yea sure move it to house.
Since you are the prefect of discipline here.
WTF!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
That is the problem with all kitchen appliances today, they are made very poorly. The manufacturers blame the energy efficiency features but I honestly think it is nothing more than cheap parts and planned obsolescience. It is really disheartening.

I would not buy an appliance based on its name though. The name of the company is LG not Life's Good and they are a Korean and according to our repairman are more expensive to repair when they break down. Parts can be hard to get too.

As for what to buy, if you want some upscale features you do not have a choice but to pay for an upscale model. Still they all break down. The days of paying more and getting better quality are long gone sadly. Jay

Old 08-31-2012, 08:53 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
The benefits end at the $1000 mark.
Obviously you never bought a True or Beverage Air. I guess the benefits do end, however, as they live and last longer than I will, so that is a waste on my end.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Obviously you never bought a True or Beverage Air.
I used to sell True and Beverage Air.

They were the bargain price option of the commercial market.
Adequate but nothing to write home about.

hth

Old 09-01-2012, 06:15 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,447,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I used to sell True and Beverage Air.

They were the bargain price option of the commercial market.
Adequate but nothing to write home about.

hth
My condolences (for selling refrigerators, but that is a topic for another thread)

My True and Beverage Air fridges have lasted two decades so far, with not a minute of service (other than vacuuming out the filters etc....

Though dealing with sulfur dioxide or methyl chloride is not on my top list of things to have fun with, my 1920's-1930's fridges run as good as the day they were new.

So what is YOUR opinion of the best fridges out there? I learned the hard way that Sub-Zero's were so awful that we took one of mine, properly caulked it, and it made a great floating dock/canoe for a summer.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
So what is YOUR opinion of the best fridges out there?
Whichever name brand is on sale that week.

A quick google just came up with six for under $500.
Spend more if you like.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN2 View Post
Anyone having problems with Electrolux located here in Charlotte?
Specifically Refrigerators.
I have a 2 year old $3k Electrolux that has a leaky problematic Ice maker.
It cannot be fixed reliably and Electrolux is just ignoring their customers on this.
There is a class action suit against them in NJ right now for this specific reason.
Anyone else get a refrigerator replaced by this poor company?
Tell me your story.

3k for a fricken fridgeee..........oh my, I have heard it all now!!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 AM

Electrolux is replacing the refrigerator new model Ice Maker and giving my extended warranty $$ back.
The end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House