Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 06:24 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
If his coming and going is noisy and disturbs your sleep, then you need to ask him if he could be a little more quiet. Otherwise, you are being a snoop and you haven't cited any good reasons for being one. Unless he's disturbing you, his hours are none of your business.
I wish I could rep you 100+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:00 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post

Oh, one more thing for the wisecrackers: he does not always drive the same route...he sometimes drives to the north, sometimes to the south, so no, he's not a tow truck driver unless his place of employment changes from night to night. And furthermore, this is not a neighborhood in which a tow truck driver could afford to live.
Actually tow truck drivers can make a very good living. Or maybe you could snoop in his mailbox to find out how he can afford to live in your neighborhood. An inheritance perhap? A trust fund set up by a wealthy friend or relative?

Seriously, you watch to see whether he turns north ot south?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:02 PM

311 posts, read 634,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I can understand that a person happens to notice that a neighbor comes and goes at odd hours -- (and agree that, in general, all the snark isn't warranted) but OMG you're even watching WHICH DIRECTION he turns out of his driveway or parking lot...THAT is a bit much.

Given that he's waking up up or disturbing you, THAT might be the impetus for a casual conversation into which you can weave your issue.

But really? remembering that he turns left or right at the corner? For goodness sake, one direction could be going to work.... the other to the grocery store.

I think I'd start circling the block a few times if I was your neighbor.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM

136 posts, read 435,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Furthermore, I'd hardly refer to simply looking out my kitchen window as I grab a bite to eat, or going outside to feed my cat or water my lawn as "snooping". Good grief, as I'd imply from some of you, if I just happen to look beyond my property line I've ventured into the realm of "snooping"...
You're snacking and watering your lawn at 2:00 am?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM

I dont know but I have never been interested on my neighbors lives. They are pleasant and so am I but I really never care for what they do.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:43 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Take the path of least resistance.

Talk to the guy and find out firsthand before you do anything like logging his activities and calling the police.

My grandfather was an on-call locksmith who used to have to go out on emergencies at all hours. I'm betting it's something like that.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Take the path of least resistance.

Talk to the guy and find out firsthand before you do anything like logging his activities and calling the police.

My grandfather was an on-call locksmith who used to have to go out on emergencies at all hours. I'm betting it's something like that.
I think the OP is most likely to charged with a crime (ie Stalking) than the neighbor. I vote for minding your own business and leaving the guy alone

Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I think the OP is most likely to charged with a crime (ie Stalking) than the neighbor. I vote for minding your own business and leaving the guy alone
Definitely, especially if he goes through his mail .

I meant talk to the guy another time, like an actual neighbor would. Just be friendly and say hey one day while you're out in the yard.

ASK HIM about himself. Then all will probably be revealed.

Be sure to report back to us, though.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:00 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times
1: i think the "attitude" of the post comes aross quite clearly in the "this isnt a neighborhood a tow truck river could afford to live" i know tow truck drivers (especially company owners) who make more than most well paid 9-5 workers make.
2: if you were "just noticing" when watering the lawn or feeding the cats your a very OBSERVANT person, to remember whether he turns left or right every time he leaves and to know what hours he often leaves and comes home at...ive never known anyone to fed thier cats or water their lawn at 1:30 and 2 am...same with snacks and such...once in a while mabe, but youve got a real steady idea of his schedual considering your "just noticing" as your doing your daily chroes...
3: have you mabe...i dunno...this is kinda a long shot...ever TALKED to your neighbor?!
mabe one day wander on over say hi and introduce yourself, mention that youd noticed he comes and goes at some odd hours and it occasionaly wakes you up, couldnt help but woner what kind of work he does...ask in a light and curious manner and hell probbaly tell you...

other than comming and going at odd hours has he ever given you ANY reason to think hes "odd"

its good to be aware of your neighbors...but this seems a little over the line for me from curious well meaning neighbor into keep your nose out of it...

Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 PM

466 posts, read 700,289 times
i hope you find out at some point and let us know because I'm curious now what he does as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships