Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,543,351 times

Advertisements

I agree the BBB (and the newer product review type interweb sites) can apply some subtle pressure.

Nothing legal, but if you are a cabinet dealer, would you rather people know that you took steps to correct a person's legitimate complaint, or that you ignored/stonewalled their requests?

Most businesses would rather that when a consumer ran a google search on their business a headline of "Wrong Color Cabinets - wouldn't FIX!!" and a rating of less than 1 star was not the first thing that came up!!

Instead of , "Fabulous Customer Service, Owner worked with me to make sure my kitchen came out exactly as envisioned! 5 stars!"

OP .. so glad you've at least gotten through to someone who might be able to make a difference! Hope your meeting today goes well. Just stay calm and explain the problem and ask what possible solutions might be.

(Redoing cabinets, Replacing Cabinets, Total Refund (no cabinets), Partial Refund (you keep defective cabinets as is), etc..)

Best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM
SXN

350 posts, read 1,288,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
I agree the BBB (and the newer product review type interweb sites) can apply some subtle pressure.
The Internet hivemind can do more than just apply a little pressure when one of their own has been wronged. Google " paul christoforo avenger controller "

Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
So Monday has long passed and no Nuieve. Some of us wait patiently for the outcome of that Monday meeting with the REPS

Old 01-11-2013, 04:02 PM

8 posts, read 25,971 times
Sorry for delayed update, I was extremely busy with my project. Huntwood agreed to replace the whole kitchen even though they still maintain their position that there's nothing wrong with the stain. But it doesn't matter, what matters is that they came through for me, and I'm getting an upgraded (frameless thermofoil) new kitchen for what I think is a very reasonable price. I will have to remove old cabinets for them to pick up which means I will have to pay my contractor to do that (since uninstalling/reinstalling wasnt in our agreement), but I'm ok with that, I'm just happy I got this issue resolved and Huntwood turned out to be decent guys after all, even though it took me quite a bit of time and stress to get this out of them. As long as they don't screw up my new kitchen again and deliver it within a month as they promised, I will have no hard feelings for them.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:25 PM

248 posts, read 862,104 times
There you go. I'm happy you came to a mutual agreement. That is the way to do it.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Even though they are likely higher priced, it's a matter of personal opinion whether "frameless thermofoil" is truly an "upgrade", but at least there can be no question about whether the color is correct.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:36 PM

I too am happy you are happy in the end. Awesome!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
In what universe is thermofoil an upgrade from stained wood?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
In what universe is thermofoil an upgrade from stained wood?
None.

I take that back. After posting I thought about our Merillat Whitebay II line. It's a full overlay door, only sold in white thermofoil raised panel and it is more then oak and priced about the same as a maple raised panel door. Then I checked my Kraftmaid book. Kraftmaid prices in 33 price levels. Thermofoil is #11.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:12 PM

248 posts, read 862,104 times
He also jumped to frameless, and there is an animal called a premium thermofoil.

I'm not familar with Huntwoods product line but I have a couple of lines that sell a premium thermofoil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House