Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:01 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,857 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations? Brands? Type of materials?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 02:22 PM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
What kind of pieces are you interested in and what is your budget?

Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
What kind of pieces are you interested in and what is your budget?
I have an in ground pool being built.

I need some loungers, a couch, and even a table. I liked Luxxella but I don't know how good they are.

I'd say I'm willing to put in about $15-$20k; but less would be better if I don't have to go very expensive (target would be $10k). I want something that is durable. Maybe a lifetime or decent warranty. Preferably made in the USA. Something that I can maintain easily, and remove the cushions during the winter/fall. I only see a bunch of pillows versus one large pillow. I'm not a big pillow fan but I want it comfortable. I don't know how good wicker is. I've had some of the Target and Department store brands and they're not very durable even though they're steel. I don't like pollen getting stuck into the fabric. However, if I can use my power washer, then I'm happy, too.

I know I have to order soon since the pool will be finished in a month.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:11 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,010,995 times
Start with the frame(s)- powdercoated aluminum. The best and lowest maintenance outdoor furniture to withstand the elements.

Coverings- vinyl slat, or "all weather" wicker (the synthetic kind). Most is UV protected and durable enough to handle a pressure washer.

Fabrics- Sunbrella! Sunbrella! Sunbrella! All the others can't come close!

Your budget could afford Teak -
But as classic and timeless as it is, it requires a lot of work to keep that pristine look. Some people just let it silver, but at a pool it looks like crap.

Frontgate has quite a few sets of differing materials and styles.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Start with the frame(s)- powdercoated aluminum. The best and lowest maintenance outdoor furniture to withstand the elements.

Coverings- vinyl slat, or "all weather" wicker (the synthetic kind). Most is UV protected and durable enough to handle a pressure washer.

Fabrics- Sunbrella! Sunbrella! Sunbrella! All the others can't come close!

Your budget could afford Teak -
But as classic and timeless as it is, it requires a lot of work to keep that pristine look. Some people just let it silver, but at a pool it looks like crap.

Frontgate has quite a few sets of differing materials and styles.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have a teak bench in my steam shower, and I need to regularly treat with lemon oil. That would be a lot of furniture to do that and I doubt my cleaning ladies do that.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:52 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Best but pricey brands of resin wicker furniture: Endura and Viro. They are made of European Formula fiber, 15-year life.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:17 PM

838 posts, read 2,523,908 times
+1 for aluminum construction. My wife and I bought a patio table and 6 chairs 15 years ago and they are still being used.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
I need some loungers, a couch, and even a table. I liked Luxxella but I don't know how good they are.

I'd say I'm willing to put in about $15-$20k; but less would be better if I don't have to go very expensive (target would be $10k).
At first I was excited to see this thread, as I have been looking EVERYWHERE for the past few months for some outdoor lounge chairs, and thought maybe I'd find some good answers here. But if your budget for furniture is $10-20K, clearly we are not going to be shopping at the same places.

I've been frustrated that I can't find a nicely built lounger for under $800, and many of them are much more than that. Sheesh, I would have thought a sturdy outdoor lounger would be a couple hundred bucks. I was quite wrong.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:47 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post

I have a teak bench in my steam shower, and I need to regularly treat with lemon oil. That would be a lot of furniture to do that and I doubt my cleaning ladies do that.
It must be so frustrating have cleaning ladies who won't do everything you desire.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Best but pricey brands of resin wicker furniture: Endura and Viro. They are made of European Formula fiber, 15-year life.
Ok. Thanks for that recommendation.

I was looking into 1 or 2 sofas, 4 loungers, a table set, and 4-8 chairs. I downloaded several catalogs on my iPad. My daughter likes contemporary. Our setting is more rustic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House